Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for all the LEO's, speeding question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Jun 18, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

for all the LEO\'s, speeding question

ithe there are 3 cars speeding in the fast lane, wich one should you be so as to not get a ticket? not asking you to help me break the law, just curious always wonderded about that from the lights and sierens point of view

2. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Re: for all the LEO\'s, speeding question

Which ever one was the best looking /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif lol.

Seriously, It depends. May go for the "younger" driver, in thought to teach them a lesson and maybe slow them down for good. It dont work like that, but in a perfect world it does.

Or maybe the car that just kinda looks odd, possibility of dope in it or something.

If there are 3 cars speeding, I'll go for either the car going the fastest, or the car that doesn't slow down when i get behind'em.

Its kinda like fishin.....some ya catch others ya throw dynamite at an let'em float to the top. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

right on al ways wondered, i got a ticket about a monthe ago in the balzer, the back window was dirty so i couldent see him, and there was like 20 cars i front of me, he got me cause i diddent pull over, thought some chp's are cool with beeing behind you, oh well you get what you get

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Depends on the jurisdiction, and the motive of the officer. Some officers already have it in mind to write a cite. Some are looking to make a good felony arrest and the speeding stop is the excuse to contact people and find the good crooks to book. Given the choice between three vehicles with the proactive officer who wants to make a good pinch, it is most likely they will evaluate the person behind the wheel, the car, or whatever other criteria they can find that will sway them towards that driver. It's kind of like fishing. You don't go fish in a shallow bathtub, you try and fish a tried and proven hole that will provide results. Call it profiling if you will, but good cops can spot a crook a mile away and if they speed, it's like shootin' fish in a barrel....

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya i could see that, and i kinda figured thats how it worked, i have one more question, from my experence(personal and from the guys at work), it seems to me that a military ID has a lot less weight out here than it dose in the mid west. Why do you think that is?

6. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

When I was a recruit we would stop all three. If you do it right you can pull beside all three vehicles and motion for them to pull to the side. I always found it funny when people thought they were safe if they were in the middle of the group. We wouldn't do this with more than 2 or 3 vehicles at a time unless another patrol car was very close to assist.

The real answer to your question is "Don't speed" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Most cops I know in Ca. place a large weight on active duty military service. Especially these days. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Don't know what the military ID has to do with the speeding ticket. I think that's the last thing I'd be showing if I were getting a ticket. If I get pulled over, chances are that it's well deserved. Might just be me, but I don't think I'd want to try get out of a ticket by waving my ID card. Seems like it would be dragging the military image down. Just my .02

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When I was a recruit we would stop all three.

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL !! I have to laugh cause I got a ticket like that once - a long long time ago (late 70's) on the expressway. I was driving the van from work - officer asked me if I "was working hard", I responded "yes sir". He responded "me too" !! LOL !! DUH !!! Nailed three of us doing 5 over. It's pretty cool how it's done. I see it all the time now. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif