Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For all who install professionally...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jarheadk5, Oct 10, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I need some help here. DBlazer gave this a good shot for me, but ran into a wall, so I'm asking again:

1. Do any of you have a factory CD changer from a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse laying about in your shops? The car has the premium sound option with changer controls on the head unit (Infinity).
    2. Do any of you KNOW if another brand's changer will work with this head and be fully functional?
    3. If I were able to find one, would the changer from a wrecked car be OK? (I think I know the answer...)
    4. Does someone make an adapter unit to let another brand's changer work with this stereo?

Crutchfield says they can't help me. My wife REALLY wants a CD changer for the car, says it would make her most happy. Y'all know how good it is to have a happy wife...[​IMG]

<font color=red>I WANT TO MAKE HER HAPPY!!<font color=black>

Thanks for the help.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Im sorry bro, I kept running into dead ends. It seems like that specififc year model is a odd guy out. It doesnt seem to be the panasonic or the pioneer model. I am sorry.

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Im sorry bro, I kept running into dead ends. It seems like that specififc year model is a odd guy out. It doesnt seem to be the panasonic or the pioneer model. I am sorry. My best advice is to get yourself an FM modulated changer so you can keep the factory radio. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I install prof. too, and I can't really help you with that either. Yea, unless your wife is a sound quality nut, the RF Changer will work just fine. Whatever shop you take it to, ask them if they are going to cut into the cars radio harness for the power and ground for the changer. If they say yes, go somewhere else. We always use forward and reverse harnesses so none of the cars wires get cut. Or we just tap into the fuse block. That way the car can be returned to the EXACT same condition before the changer was installed.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That's the route I'll probably end up taking (FM modulator) at this point. I was hoping I'd be able to find one that could utilize the built-in controls on the head unit, but oh well. DBlazer, I REALLY appreciate the effort you made for me, especially since you didn't know if there'd be a sale for you involved or not. Thanks again for your help.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!