Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for anyone who has been in or rebuilt a 205 transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin72, Apr 18, 2001.

1. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Oct 24, 2000
    I thought I would tear into my transfercase and try siliconeing all the covers that leak. Well when I took off the slip yokes and took off the covers that set down on the gear shafts Small needle bearing fell out this happend on both sides.
    Nothing looked bad not even the bearing cases. I thought maybe they just layed in there freely. That is my question is this mean its bad? I have seen bearing both way, I just picked the ones that fell out up and cleaned them off greased them up and put them back in place. I had to put grease on them to hold them in place while I put them cover on and tighten it down. I onw set of needle bearing was next to the speedo gear. if that help locate what I am talking about.
    ANy help will be appreciated I thought i whould find out something before I put it back in.

Blazin 72
  2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Apr 26, 2000
    You did good. They always fall out. Just make sure they are clean and use axle grease to hold them in place and you will be fine.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken