Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for anyone who has installed a 700r4/np205

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xchevyxtc, Mar 4, 2003.

1. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

i am having trouble with my newly installed 700r4, the front driveshaft will not work, it hits the pan and will not fit...anyone done this and have some advice for me, i am running a 700r4 with the advance adapters shaft, np205 case and a tci aluminum pan that is an extra 2 quarts deep, (maybe thats the problem) thanks in advance for any pointers..

2. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I had to cut about 2" out of the pass rear corner and a bit down the pass side of my deep alum pan to get it to clear the ds. Patched it back with alum plate and a friend with a TIG. Even a stock sized pan had only 1/8" clearance between the ear of the CV and the pan corner.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    My 700 pan is as descibed above,only about 1/8th to 1/4" of room between the front drive shaft and the stock 700 pan.I need to drop the front shaft to change the filter on the tranny.I can't access the bolt in that corner if I don't.

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I have the stock pan and it was gently clearanced to give 1/4 to 1/2" around the front shaft.