Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for anyone who has run rubicon or similar trail

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, Dec 1, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

will 6in lift and 42's be to tipsy for that? im second guessing my choice on a 6in lift after seeing every body here running a 4 in, i like the way it looks, but i prefer function over form /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Real men conquer the 'Con stock...........

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

shure ill use a stock quad /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have roughly 5" and 42's and didn't have a problem...

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya not to mention 35 feet of wheel base /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif whats it like to drive a school bus through the the rubicon? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    im also thinkin of a 1 in body lift, so that would bring my total to about 8in of total lift, not shure thats a good idea

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

It sounjds pretty damn tall to be doing that kind of stiff. Mine has saggy 4" springs and a 2" body lift but I only have 39.5's. It never felt too tipsy throughout the trail. I know Jason was feeling a little tipsy on the slabs when you need to go down them at an angle, and on Cadillac hill. Other than that he never had a problem.

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

right on thats what i was thinking, well ill cross the body lift off the list, thanks alot /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

Cut your fenders to fit the biggest tire with the least ammount of lift. I have run saggy 4" front and 4" flip in rear with 37mtr on that trail without a problem.

9. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

I'm really wanting to build mine to take the 'Con. Aside from the obvious (lockers, winch, etc) what other mod's were necessary. Secondly, what mod's would you have liked to had when you ran it. I'm driving an 85 with a 14BFF/D44 combo, 6" lift & 35's (non-beadlock) at present.

10. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Honestly, ditch your D44 for a D60 KP. Beadlocks, reduction gears (Klune V, doubler, etc) diapers ( when you sh*t yourself on some of the trails :D :haha: )!

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If you have a winch , lockers , and 35's .... you should be set for MOST trails in the US . How cleanly you make it is another thing .

12. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I have about 6" of total lift and 40's and wasn't too bad. I would not want much more height than that though.

Mods:

diff covers, especially with 35's, i slid into a few rocks that made that $ seem very well spent. no sway bar. doubler made life grand as did 40's. still haven't really needed a front locker...

More experience was the most helpful though i think.