Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for anyone who owns a m1009 or knows about them

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Feb 25, 2001.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Which battery does the m1009 get its power from to run the head lights and starter? Does it come from the strip on the firewall? Or the other battery?

Thanks

Scott
    78blazer

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Might want to email Andy about CUCV's. Here's his site:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/cucvpage.htm>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/cucvpage.htm</A>

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Leftover nuts never match leftover bolts." [​IMG]

3. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Ill try that<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 78blazer on 02/25/01 06:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Well, (this is from memory-CRS), the original CUCV 12V was a smaller 10-12 guage wire that ran from the rear battery to (I think) to the factory fuse box. I'll have to check the TM's tomorrow to see how the black-out light switch interfaces with civilian light switch. The CUCV starter was 24V so that it recieved power from the bus bars on the firewall. That's all I can tell you now, I've got the electronic Technical Manual (CD) here but you can't read the schematics (like trying to read a road map through a key hole).

5. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

The wire running from one of the batteries runs to the two post terminal strip just above the brake booster. This terminal feeds the 12 volt power to the fuse box. Be careful there is also 24 volt power in the fuse box that comes from another wire. The 24 volts feed the starter and the glow plug circuitry. The lighting is all 12 volts. I put a 350 in my truck and spent two days with the wiring harness on the dining room table removing all the unnecessary wiring. I hope this helps.

<font color=yellow>Steve Frisbie</font color=yellow>

6. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Steve

I have swapped the 400 out of my 78 into this, No diesel there now. The whole drivetrain came out of my 78 and went into the 84. But some reason I am not getting any power to my lights or starter. I have not done nothing with the wiring harness that is in there though, Do I need to pull it all out and go through it? Am I maybe getting broken circuits because everything that used to be hooked up in there is no longer hooked up? I know there are connectors like everywhere that have nothing plugged into them. Well any help suggestions etc are greatly appreciated.

Scott

Scott
    78blazer

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Scott,

The problem lies in the night time running light circuit. There were two switches down by the headlight switch. I removed all of the military lighting and removed these two switches. In return I had to refeed the headlight circuit. I did not have a wiring diagram for the military circuitry but I did have a wiring diagram for the civilian models. I rewired the harness to make it work off of these diagrams. I have yet to figure out why but my turn signals will work without the key on. Other than that it works fine.

I hope this helps.

<font color=yellow>Steve Frisbie</font color=yellow>

8. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Steve

Thanks Alot I was kinda thinking those things were my problem but was not sure. Hmm I think I'll go yank it all out and see what I can do with it now. What a pain but I guess its gotta be done.

Scott
    78blazer