Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For anyone who wanted an anti-wrap bar

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Jun 24, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Post here and I'll PM you the price and find out when you would want it by. I'm still not totally set on the idea but I would like to get a feel for what everyone was thinking of spending on this and if its going to be a big rush or just some extra work. If I am stepping on anyones toes let me know and I'll delete this.

2. balzackks84

BTT

Its bent! The top bar bent at the front of where the bottom bar come in. I need to figure how to dispese the load better. I was planning on putting abrace in but looks like I will be re doing my whole bar. At least I have the mointing points still /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

damn. looked good too. I was thinking of something different to do to help that but I ain't spilling the beans,LOL

-Jeremy

4. balzackks84

LOL. Damn you to hell /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I knew I shoulda put more support in there when i built it but I just didn't have the time. It will be new and improved this time. I'm thinking of getting actual nuts for the heims and larger/thicker tubing along with some extra support to disperse the load along the top bar.

5. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Be careful with posts like this. It could be taken as soliciting and if you aren't a paid advertiser then you will be strucken down by the mighty hands of Steve Fox.

How do I know? Well I got bitch slapped once so.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. balzackks84

LOL. Yeah, I'm trying not to piss off the powers that be. But being slapped does turn me on a little.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. Waxer

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL. Yeah, I'm trying not to piss off the powers that be. But being slapped does turn me on a little.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PERV!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Aw man! Been there done that! What size Heim were you using? If you meet the two bars at the heim and use the bottom bar as the heim mount, you could solve that problem. You could also sleeve the tubing but running the heim in the upper bar may result in a bent thread on the heim if its not big enough. I used 1 1/4" grade 8 bolt welded to a 2" OD tube with a 1 3/4 bushing there and it held up nicely to the load - maybe a 1" heim?

10. balzackks84

The heim stud is 1 1/8" and the bolt is 3/4 that goes through the eye. The mounting the heim in the lower bar sounds like a really good idea. I also just went out and bought 1 1/2" DOM .188 wall. This time I am going to run a couple braces and try mounting the heim on the lower. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

You bet - post back up on your results - inquiring minds want to know!

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

.188" wall is pretty thin tubing for an anti-wrap device. The Az-kickin bar on my truck uses .375" wall x 1.5" DOM tubing. It's majorly beefy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

13. Waxer

[ QUOTE ]
    .188" wall is pretty thin tubing for an anti-wrap device. The Az-kickin bar on my truck uses .375" wall x 1.5" DOM tubing. It's majorly beefy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

And from what I hear, Rene likes beef!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Man you are the king of double meanings lately Steven!!! Rene, if he gives you too much trouble, you just let me know... I got a pic to slap him back in his place /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

An easy way to make thicker tubing is to sleeve 120 wall in 1/4" OD increments. 1" in 1 1/4" in 1 1/2" makes a 1 1/2" 360 wall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Waxer

[ QUOTE ]
    Man you are the king of double meanings lately Steven!!! Rene, if he gives you too much trouble, you just let me know... I got a pic to slap him back in his place /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastage... should have known better than to give you an URL to my gallery w/o thinking of you backing up to the parent directory to snoop around. Oh well.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Post the pic Mike.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

17. Waxer

He forgets I know where he lives, and more importantly know where he parks that K5 of his.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

touche`