Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For anyone with Bushwacker Cut-Outs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5thatShmobs, Nov 4, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Im going to be doing a little fender trimming in the front, and Im wondering how much I can cut and still be able to use Bushwacker's Cutout flares. In other words, how much bigger are they than the stock wheel well opening?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I don't have them, nor have I installed any, but I hear that they come with a template. (Hold it up to your fender, draw around the template, and cut on your lines)
    I'm thinking that if you're sure about getting the Bushwacker flares, might as well just bite the bullet and get them, that way there's no guess work involved in how much to cut.
    Otherwise, maybe contact the company - I'm not sure what kind of customer service they have - but if you go about it tactfully, maybe you could get them to send you the templates only? Just a thought.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My buddy has them and it looks like it cuts most everything out to the inner fender.

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've got 'em. Had to cut almost 2" front and back, about 1.5" at the top of the wheel well.

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I cut the front and rear of the openings, but didn't cut at all from the top. I have quite a few pics of the adventure on my webshots page.

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

hope im not too late to talk you out of them. they suck.
    they dont hold up at all. i got a set 2 years ago and they are in pieces. i dont have a single one that is still in any decent shape. im going to contact the company and see if i can get replacements. then sell the new ones to some sucker on ebay.

if you do any sort of wheeling, do not get plastic fender flares.
    ryan

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I just cut out my fenders and rolled the edges in for a factory look.