Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For Bubba- some quotes on France

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Mar 13, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I know I know- I'm suppose to be on hiatus-

France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes."--- Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --- General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." --- Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." --- Marge Simpson

As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure" --- Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right." --- Rush Limbaugh,

The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."
    --- Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey, I don't know."
    --- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."
    --- Conan O'Brien

I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" --- Jay Leno

The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."
    --- David Letterman

thought you might like these.

Brandy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Love 'em, won't even mention the repost factor either. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know I know- I'm suppose to be on hiatus-

[/ QUOTE ]

Face it you just can't keep yourself away from this place no matter how hard you try. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Why is it france jokes never get old? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Did ya see the French team on Junkyard wars? I was waiting for them to surrender right before the competition or at the very least attach a big white flag to their plane...

Rene

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI was just praying they wouldn't win

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Was that the one where they were building airplanes using old techniques?

I was hoping that the French wouldn't win as well. They should've painted the whole plane white instead of the flag on the tail. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll go back to eating my "freedom" fries now! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. tRustyK5

Yeah, the vintage airplane one...

The Brits built a great plane!!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Actualy I have to say all three teams did a great job and the Americans had a pretty tough design to make work well....

Rene

8. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

My jaw hit the ground when the Brit's did their first flight /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I was happy to see the American's finnaly get that thing up, amazing any of them flew to begin with, but theirs looked like it would fly like a lead balloon.

9. tRustyK5

A bi-plane has almost double the lift so I wasn't that surprised really...

I was surprised to see the American plane fly...it sure didn't look like it was going to. The French plane didn't fly that great, but I'd guess the pilot was too much of a coward to get some real altitude (being French and all.../forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

Rene