Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For firemen here...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Jan 20, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I dont know about the rest of us, but thanks to affirmative action and EOE rules, apparently getting a job as a fireman is not about skill or ability anymore, but about letting everybody have a chance to do what they want, no matter how crappy they maight be at it. That's why My fire department has a couple of 100 pound females, five or six lardasses, and more than a dozen who just plain suck at the job. Every time we try to get rid of them, somebody has to say "But, but, they really wanna be here..." or "Well, it's a lot of liability here if we get rid of her/him".

My new message to them?

Potential2.jpg

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, i agree. i know what you mean. problem is life is at risk. my GF is a firefighter. out of it for the moment to finish up her Medic, but will be back at it ASAP.
    Grant

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It ahould all be dependant of if they can do the job, albino dwarf gay man with two heads does the best? He's hired

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey John,

I was under the impression that the entry requirements were very strict, physical standards being some of the most stringent. :dunno:

Last I heard they dropped 60% of candidates, what the heck happened? Does that mean you'll break in the door by hurling a whale through it?

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Round these parts, it's politics first, then actual skill, then the lazy ****-tards that don't know what they're doing and will eventually kill a fellow fireman.

6. firefighter184

Yah, but the NAACP, NOW, and the Democratic party have given us the gift of quotas. For example, Denver FD had no quota, but when the media found out that only 5% of the 900 members were black, they immediately decided to lower testing standards so that more african-americans would be able to pass the written test. When they decided there weren't enough women? They lowered the physical standard.

The fact of the matter is this: While not limited to the fire service, affirmative action and EOE standards have created an environment throughout this country that rewards not the best person for the job, but the correctly colored or gendered person instead. The difference between the fire service and the rest of the workplaces is that lives depend on the best possible people doing the best possible job. We are losing that thanks to feminism and liberal race politics.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well in that case watch your damn back out there.

That job is dangerous enough as it is. We need our El Spotto Grande!

8. firefighter184

Now, if I could just find a chrome helmet to REALLY earn your respect:)

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Yes, it's sad that it has gotten to that point in this country. I'm just waiting for my chance in line to be a millionare. Not because I worked hard to achieve it.. but because it's simply owed to me, because I'd like to be one. :rolleyes:

All I can say to my brothers is: Keep things squared away in your firehouse, and at least it won't be with you on the line. Luckly for us, those that do make it through, usually find their way to the slow stations.. because it's in their very nature to seek out the easiest path to begin with. They want something for nothing.. so stay where it's busy, and handle that chit at the door if it comes knockin' ...

10. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah well I hear ya....I'm still not a top candidate even with a 4yr degree in fire protection, 3yr volunteer experience, currently taking my emt-b...all because im not a certain color. I'm not racist, but EOE my a$$.