Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For Good, For Evil, or For Otherwise...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Oct 1, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I have a pretty solid plan for what I would use a large sum of money for should it every fall into my lap. Please vote on what you think I SHOULD use it for!

After I see what the poll says, I'll post my actual plan.

Paul
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1064989031350350">

What should 350350 use his illgotten gain for???
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Purely Good
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Pure Evil
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Tormenting People who have Wronged Me
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Helping People who have Helped Me
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />Hookers and Tequilla
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />All of it on Vehicle Projects
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Just to give you better info, I am looking at something like $845.3 Million

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

is it too late to become your best friend??? or maybe your son, on whom you like to spend large sums of money... I'm up for adoption if you just happen to run across 845.3 million /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    is it too late to become your best friend??? or maybe your son, on whom you like to spend large sums of money... I'm up for adoption if you just happen to run across 845.3 million /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... It depends on whether you are willing to be my friend whether I end up with the 845.3 Mil or not!!! Either way you are more than welcome to come to my mansion parties, and wheel in the mountains I'll be living in and making 4x4 trails throughout my 10,000 acre mountain. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Paul

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] HOLY [darn] !

I think with a number like that you could do all the above to a great degree and still be happy,LOL

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Buy some balloons!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Oh, and in relation to your post in the other thread...get a damn divorce BEFORE you get this money!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK with a number like that I want to change my Tormenting vote to hookers and tequila /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I say "Pure Evil", it's such an overlooked profession.

John

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a pretty solid plan for what I would use a large sum of money for should it every fall into my lap. Please vote on what you think I SHOULD use it for!

After I see what the poll says, I'll post my actual plan.

Paul
    &lt;FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"&gt;&lt;INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1064989031350350"&gt;
    &lt;p&gt;What should 350350 use his illgotten gain for???
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="1" /&gt;Purely Good
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="2" /&gt;Pure Evil
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="3" /&gt;Tormenting People who have Wronged Me
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="4" /&gt;Helping People who have Helped Me
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="5" /&gt;Hookers and Tequilla
    &lt;input type="radio" name="option" value="6" /&gt;All of it on Vehicle Projects
    &lt;INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"&gt;&lt;/form&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, there is at present no real way that I could foresee that amount of money falling into my lap. However, there have been times in my past where $3K, $5K, even $8K once, just fell into my lap without notice. I'm still waiting for the Big One!!!

So this post is mostly for fun, although I feel there is the distinct possibility that a useable sum of money could hit me at any time. And boy could I use it right now.

So I'll wait until the voting dies down and then give my plan...

Paul

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Why not give me $100k to do something evil? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I say you give each paying CK5 Member $100k with the stipulation that it must be used to a) build up a sweet fullsize Chevy, and b) that they must go to the next Blazer Bash. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 500 K5ers in built to the hilt rigs all rolling into Moab, ohhh yeah... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif CK5 has what, maybe 500 paying members, tops? So that's $50 mil, what's 50 mil when you have another $800?

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

awwwwww yeah... My chivvy would be da bomb diggity!!!!

I don't remember when I registered... hrm /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I say you give each paying CK5 Member $100k with the stipulation that it must be used to a) build up a sweet fullsize Chevy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm Shaggy, can I request a couple more thousand?

My dream Chevy would probably run me somewhere in the neighborhood of $60K..............

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

My dream Chevy would probably run me somewhere in the neighborhood of $60K..............

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all? Hell with a 100K you could have one fine chromoly tube chassised linked front and rear marvel.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I say you give each paying CK5 Member $100k with the stipulation that it must be used to a) build up a sweet fullsize Chevy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm Shaggy, can I request a couple more thousand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm, $100k - $60k leaves you $40k to make the trip to Moab. You could stop in Vegas on the way and have one hell of a time with that kind of scratch! What's the problem? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

16. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I say "Pure Evil", it's such an overlooked profession.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

True. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

However, I see many many people doing it every day. The thing is, they don't realize or admit they're doing it... I think they don't want to admit to themselves that what they're doing is wrong. People will do anything for the almighty dollar, even when it is blatantly obvious that what they're doing is completely unethical... (But yet completely legal...) Too many people confuse 'ethical' with 'legal'. Many unethical things are legal, and many illegal things are ethical. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Case in point: I know a guy who had been friends with a co-worker for over 10 years. Worked together for that 10 years in the same office, kids played on the same football team, cookouts at each others' homes, etc. One had the opportunity to get a promotion which would make him the other's boss. Company policy is no fraternizing with subordinates. Guy takes the promotion and severs all ties with a friend of 10 years for a miniscule raise and a fancy new title. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Counterpoint: Physically harming a Violent Criminal. Completely Illegal. Completely Ethical.

I, however, plan to do it completely aware of what I'm doing, plan it carefully, and make no excuses. And I'm talking about the Good Old Fashioned PURE Evil, not the store-bought, watered down kind they're making in Taiwan and other low-budget places. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Paul

17. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why not give me $100k to do something evil? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to do evil things for a lot less than 100K... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OK with a number like that I want to change my Tormenting vote to hookers and tequila /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awhhhggghhh... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif An $800million Hooker. Or 800 $1million Hookers... And a bottle of Tequilla. It doesn't get any better than that.

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Paul

19. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Well, the results are in!

Purely Good 1 02%
    Pure Evil 4 10%
    Tormenting People who have Wronged Me 5 13%
    Helping People who have Helped Me 6 15%
    Hookers and Tequilla 14 36%
    All of it on Vehicle Projects 8 21%

There are a few things to notice here. Hookers and Tequilla was the clear winner. Much better than spending it on a wedding/divorce combo. With Hookers and Tequilla you know exactly what you're getting and at what cost.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Vehicle Projects came in second. An excellent use of funding. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

But the most noteworthy thing is that the 'Possibility of spending hundreds of millions of dollars doing good things' got... ONE vote!!! God Bless America!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But here's my plan:

$100Mil Pure-Evil/Tormenting Combo
    $100Mil Helping
    $100Mil Island, Boat, Mansion, Shop, and Vehicles.
    $100Mil Gunboats to protect my island.
    $400Mil Kids Trust-Fund/College-Fund.
    $Change Random Acts of Kindness, including Gift CK5 Memberships!

Paul 'X'

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I went with the hookers and tookillya.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif