Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For mikey_d05, or anyone else interested...LT230 t-case pics/info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryan22re, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

So let's see. Offset to the passenger side, either a 1:1, 1.2:1 or 1.4:1 high range. 3.32:1 low range. I'ts full time 4wd with a center diff lock. No idea on the input splines, looks to be a female coarse spline maybe between 6-10 splines. Needs to have a long adapter to clear the pan on automatic tranmissions. There is an underdrive availble for it that has a 2.62 ratio that bolts to the back of the case, so it doesn't get any longer. But it's like $3000.

A land rover isn't light, and they seem to hold up to swapped in small blocks and diesels (I found a 6.5 gm turbo diesel swapped into a rover in Austrailia :crazy: ).

Most kits revolve around th400 or a 4l80. Nobody seems to be making the th350/700 kit anymore. I hear rumors of a nv3500/4500 kit but no parts. There is also a sm420/465 kit out there somewhere.

For those of you wondering why anyone would be interested in this, in a lightweight buggy you could run a driver's drop front axle in the rear and get 4 wheel steering. Or run a pass front diff upside down for a rear engine buggy. Just some "bench crawling" that Mike and I have been doing. I can't attach the pics to a PM, so I thought that I would share with everyone else.

paulsadapter1.jpg

paulsadapter2.jpg

paulsadapter3.jpg

turbo350tolt230adapter1.jpg

DSCF0231res.JPG

2. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Very cool!

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I figured out the input spline it's a 10 spline, but I don't know if it is the same 10 spline we are used to. At anyrate a Sunday bump for Mike.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

After seeing the land cruiser t-case build up on spike, that might look like a better option. They used a 203 to a landcruiser t-case adapter which would be much easier to adapt to gm transmissions. Probably cheaper too. Wouldn't have to go to the UK or Oz to get the parts.:thinking:

Just talking to myself. :D

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool idea but holy god that thing is long...probably be a way better use of space to throw a crawler box in there between the two. Ryan, I'll reply to your PM after I get back from my next class. Thanks dude.