Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for RS 9000 owners

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rubiconchevy, Nov 6, 2000.

1. rubiconchevy

rubiconchevy Registered Member

I just got my rancho 9000's the other day. part# rs9001 for the front and rs9112 for the rear. Question is the front shock tubing (valve body) is
    a little short compared to my skyjacker shocks. Which would limit travel,right? I called two of the local 4x shops and they all said it was the correct # for a 75 Blazer w/a 4" lift. Is that what everybody is running or is there a better option, besides 9012's with modified mounts. Thanks.

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

hold your shocks side by side and extend both of them,,the shock body may be shorter but is the overall shock the same length

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Do you have modified mounts? What is the length of your shock body on the original compared to the new ones? Fully extended are they both the same length?

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Is it possible the skyjackers were the wrong ones?

5. tmf6902

tmf6902 Newbie

I had the same problem, only with the rear shocks, when i put them on the shock was fully extended just sittin in the driveway. I just measured my old shocks and ordered the rs9000 that was the same length and everything works fine.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I belive that is the same setup I have too!! I will have to double check when I get home but I seam to recal 9001 being in the front!! Of corse I have a 72 but still running 4" in the front so??.....
    Hey I'm in Caif. too! near Modesto and my sister lives in Tahoe on the Calif side too!
    Later

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com