Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For Sale: 1995 S Series Blazer **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by colbystephens, May 1, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

1995 Chevrolet Blazer​
    $4000 O.B.O
    175K Miles

This ’95 4WD S Series Blazer is in phenomenal mechanical condition. It is a reliable worker which has never required any major mechanical repairs.

For those needing or wanting a vehicle with the advantages of an SUV, but still require decent mileage, this vehicle serves well. It averages 16-17 mpg in city and 20-21 mpg on the highway.

This vehicle is great for long drives up to or over the mountains or down to California. At 190 HP and 250 LB/FT of torque, there’s plenty of power to handle the hills. And with the four wheel drive, the seasons are no challenge. Included in the sale are tire chains.

This is a strong, fully equipped light-towing vehicle. The hitch has been removed for aesthetic appeal, but will be provided to the purchaser. In the winter of 2003 it was used to tow a small fully loaded trailer from Phoenix, AZ to Seattle, WA. It pulled strong at 70 mph, even over the Siskiyou Mountains. It would be perfect for towing a small boat or trailer, while maintaining decent fuel mileage.

The Blazer has been maintained with Mobil1 Synthetic 5-30 motor oil and Wix filters. A Vibrant High Flow air filter has been used to replace the stock paper filter element. This reduces long term cost of maintenance, as this filter is to be cleaned, not replaced. In addition, this increases power and fuel economy (assuming one does not enjoy the added power too often!)

Other Miscellaneous Benefits:
    18” chrome wheels, after market speakers in the rear doors, brand new radiator was installed 3 years ago, all four ball joints replaced 1 year ago, all gear box fluids have been changed at least once in the last year, the serpentine belt is still in great condition… This truck has been well maintained. A/C, CD, Tilt wheel, electric tilt & recline drivers seat.

The Negative Attributes:
    It is important to me to provide the buyer with knowledge of all the quirks and other miscellaneous expenses which might be incurred by this vehicle.
    The biggest expenses for the buyer of this vehicle is that all four tires need replacing and fixing the coolant leak. Coolant leaks from the water pump seal. This means replacing the seal, but not the water pump – don’t let a mechanic tell you otherwise! There’s no need to buy extra parts.
    There are two dents in the body – one on top of the passenger side fender from the previous owner, and another in the driver’s side fender from my mother-in-law bumping it with the rear view mirror from her vehicle. There is a crack in the plastic panel on the interior of the tailgate, and one of the plastic covers which encases a rear seatbelt clip is missing. While the electric lock button on the driver’s door does work, the unlock button does not. Finally, one wire will need replacing on the stereo wiring harness to make it work.
    One final quirk: The 4.3L V6 engine’s used in these vehicles are notorious for getting clogged EGR valves. The symptoms of this include a rough idle and a “Check Engine” light to turn on. This happens about three times a year and is easily solved by revving the engine up to high RPM’s and maintaining this engine speed for 15 to 20 seconds. This allows the valve to open up enough to allow the piece of carbon to pass through the valve and to then be burnt up in the catalytic converter. Only once has this happened such that the valve needed to be removed from the engine to clean out the clog. This process takes a mechanic about an hour or less to do, and requires no parts, thus only about an hour of labor is the expense.

You’ve read this far? Good, that means I haven’t scared you away yet. I believe this vehicle is a great vehicle in great condition. It has been very well maintained, and will provide the buyer many years of excellent service. Thanks for your consideration of this 1995 Blazer in your search for your next vehicle.

Coloradok5 users can PM me or use the email function on my user profile (click on my username and go to profile). Non CK5 users can email me at colbys (at) pdx (dot) edu.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mileage?

3. colbystephens

sorry - first post has been edited. 175K miles. :)

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

How long are the tag's good for ? 4wd ?

5. colbystephens

it is 4wd, i'll have to check on the tags. i would run out and check it, but i have to park a mile away from home up hill - so i'll check tonite. :D first post has been edited to include that info.