Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FOR SALE: 4 Bolt Main 454 Block, Standard Bore 1972 Hi-Po Casting

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by ford_assassin, Nov 9, 2003.

1. ford_assassin

ford_assassin 1/2 ton status

Standard 4.25" bore, 4 bolt main, 454 bare block w/main caps. It is a "289" casting, date coded 1972 "CE" block with the High-Performance casting markings everywhere. These early blocks are rare, high in nickel/tin, and the cylinder walls are often thick enough to take a .125" overbore without issues. This block has so little wear that the bore could be crosshatched and re-ringed with standard size pistons if you wanted. Beware of newer blocks for the '80's because they have thin cylinder walls and very little nickel or tin.

This block has 4 bolt main caps for maximum bottom end strength. Perfect for that drag racer or offroad truck who doesn't want to worry about breaking anything.

I don't think it can be shipped because UPS's weight limit is 150LBS. I can't crate-freight it because of my bad knees either. So pickup is a must. I might be able to deliver it for a fee+gas within 100-200 miles (email).

All holes have been chased and cleaned with a tap. The block has been cleaned/mag'd and deburing has be done to the water passages and oil return areas too.

I had block to build a 496 stroker project. However I have been recently married and paying the bills is more important than this engine block is right now.

$500 FIRM or I might consider a trade for some aftermarket SBC heads with the exhaust crossover.

Thanks guys!!

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How much $$

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Might be interested. I'm starting an engine build and will ask the guy doing the work about this block. I'm in San Francisco.

BUT, gotta know what you want for it. Drop me an e-mail.

Eric M.

eric@mannon.com

4. ford_assassin

Oops, I knew I forgot something.

$500 or I might consider trade for some aftermarket SBC heads w/exhaust crossover.

5. ford_assassin

SOLD as of 11/18!!!

Picked up the next day, so please don't ask if I still have it.

6. ford_assassin

SOLD as of 11/18!!!

It was picked up the next day, so guys please stop email asking if I still have it.

Thanks!!

7. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

You might want to edit the subject to say DELETE. The moderator will do just that for you.

Eric M.