Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For Sale: '77 K5, 3/4 ton swap, $3250 OBO til May 2nd

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by TrcksR4ME, Mar 15, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

For Sale: \'77 K5, 3/4 ton swap, $3250 OBO til May 2nd

1977 K5, 3/4 ton running gear, 35" Swamper SSR's, 4" lift, Warn Winch, lots of other goodies and upgrades. Asking $3500 OBO

Not getting any use out of my Blazer anymore. Willing to trade for a P/U. It runs and has been maintained for the 5+ years I owned it. Lots of new parts have been put on and replaced, and has very little rust except for the rocker panels.

~402 BB (rebuilt by P.O.), unknown mileage but I have not put on more than 5000 miles in five years, does not burn oil or smoke, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake manifold, Q-Jet w/electric choke, Mallory rebuilable fuel pump, Mallory Cap, rotor and coil, MSD 8.5mm Super Conducter spark plug wires, headers, Flowmaster Mufflers(not sure which model), newer dual 2 1/2" exhaust. Also has a remote starter solenoid mounted up high away from heat and water, and all 2 ga wiring from the battery to starter.

~TH350 (had been rebuilt by P.O.) in good working order with a B&M extra capacity pan, and a newer stacked plate HD cooler. Fluid, filter, and gasket are newer, fluid looks good. Shifts nice and firm.

~NP203 T/C (was rebuilt by P.O.), works good, shifts into all ranges and does not pop out of any. P/T kit installed.

~Dana 44 8 lug 4.10's, recently serviced, newer warn premium external hubs, just put in new inner axle seals, wheel bearings are newer and recently repacked with sythetic grease, stock shafts and joints with newer joints. Also has a Trac-Lok which works very well. Newer brake pads, everything works as it should. Whole axle has been gone through, R&P and the trac-lok were professionally done a few years ago.

~14 bolt FF rear with a gov-lok 4.10's, newer wheel bearings, seals, brake cylinders, and brake shoes. Everything works as it should.

~Pro-Comp S.S. extended brake lines all around, new last fall, haven't even wheel'd the Blazer with them on.

~35x12.50x15 Swamper SSR's, probably 85%+ on newer 15x8 8 lug rock crawler rims. Also included is a brand new, zero miles, Pro-Comp M/T on 15x8 matching rim.

~Up front is a Warn M-8000 winch on a custom bumper. All new solenoids and works great. No remote, but it is hard wired to the dash right now. Rear has a matching custom bumper. Winch has custom power cables made from 2 ga welding cable with the lugs soldered on.

~New poly body mounts and all new bolts installed last spring.

~Pro-Comp HD Off-Road/Deep Cycle spiral cell battery, their top of the line battery, paid like $169 for it. Also the batter tray w/ brace and a custom hold down set-up was installed when the battery was replaced.

~Has a K&N 14 " air filter, q-jet carb. Q-jet needs some tuning yet, but it runs/drives pretty good. Has a fast idle solenoid wired to a toggle swith on the dash for higher RPM's when winching/jump starting/etc.

In the last few years I have replaced: Alternator, water pump, master cylinder, thermastat and housing, all the u-joints, new (not junk yard) steering box, had a weld in frame repair kit put in behing the steering box as well, washer fluid pump and tank, ball joints, tie rod ends, hood, belts, hoses, fenders, grill, light bezels and a lot more that I can't think of right now.

Interior is pretty good, newer paint, floors have been cleaned up and repainted. Carpet up front, no carpet in rear. Has camaro bucket seats, rear bench. Dash needs paint but is crack free and in excellent shape. Has headliner and interior trim package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: 77 K5 For Sale, trade for P/U

More Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

ttt, added some more details to the description, price now $3500 OBO

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Wow, is $3500 just way too high? I know the body is not top notch, but it has a lot into it and many upgrades and extra's.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: For Sale: \'77 K5, 3/4 ton swap, $3500 OBO

btt

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

top, could really use the money right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. My cobra payments so I can have health insurance are $450 a month /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and I am trying to start up my own business, so less toys for now. Offers? Don't want to knock down the price a ton to where I am giving it away, but am flexible and open to negotiations /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif . I have tons or receipts for this thing and have put in probably triple what i am asking for it.

7. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

I dont think you should drop the price, 3500 sounds good to me. If I had the cash in hand I'd be willing to pay that for a truck like yours.

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Biggest problem is finding the right person for the truck. I think I will put it into the Auto Trader soon and keep my fingers crossed.

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

10. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

Nice looking k5.I just wish I wasn't on the other side of the country.I could probally definitly come up with a trade that you may like.

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

top again, offers...anyone...anyone...bueller...lol

12. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

what are looking for in a trade?

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what are looking for in a trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

Need a work truck, something in pretty good running order in fairly decent shape. Doesn't have to be something Spectacular but my Blazer certainly isn't all stock so I don't want to trade for a 197? P/U on its last leg that needs everything replaced /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am pretty open to the year/make/model, but would prefer a 2wd over 4wd for less maintainence and something in the 3/4 ton or bigger range. But again that doesn't mean I won't consider a 4wd or 1/2 ton p/u.

14. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

I have a 3/4 ton chevy long box motor has been warmed over and has a 4 inch lift in it its in pretty good shape if it would be somthing you would be interested in I would e-mail you all the stats

15. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

4xrick will be my last trade consideration for the truck, and the price is now $3250 BUY IT NOW lol. If no trades or sales are made by the end of the week its coming off the for sale list for a while and I will be making some minor repairs to it and relisting it for more money /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif