Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For sale - opinions needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 31, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm doin' it. Some of y'all already know I'm friggin nuerotic.
    I've finally decided after months of "yes, I'll sell it. No I can't bear to part with her", she's gotta go, or she'll die waiting for me. Yes, it's my K5.

I'm going to put it on ebay and stick a sign in the window locally. I generally suck at remembering all the stuff needed, but because ebay doesn't let you update once a bid's been placed, I want my ad to kick arse on the first shot. Plus, I get so used to things being a certain way, I forget if something's broken or modified...

The current "ad" is here: My overgrown baby. I left a buncha stuff out that I'm not sure I'm ready to sell with it (want to transfer it to another K5 in a couple years). Second alternator, spare front driveshafts, spare steering boxes, sliders, manual hubs, on-board air system parts, etc.
    Let me know if you see anything in the photos I should include as a selling point (i.e. I forgot to include the CB antenna, ancient CB, tranny cooler, secondary electric fan, etc).

I have to sell it. Reality is, if I keep driving her as a DD, I'll keep going broke from gas, and keep wearing on the stuff I don't have time to fix. If I park her, she's going to turn oxidation-brown real quick. To keep myself from being pissed and feeling like I wasted the truck, and to keep the truck from being wasted, I have to pass her off to someone that can love her better than I can right now...
    One benefit of selling her; I can get a motor, and rebuild it with no pressure...

I gotta burn this photo, too. Every time I look at it, I want to run home, take the top off, and go tearing into the woods. Not gonna help me part with it...

So, what do you guys look for when you check out a truck to buy?
    Good you look for, bad you look for?
    What are problems I need to point out that are common among our trucks? - Important to buyer
    What are positive selling points I can add that are common to our trucks? - Important to me

BTW, I'm really looking for advice on making an effective, honest ad, not trying to sell it to you guys.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i know what you mean about the gas..my truck kills me in gas money..and im only in high school so you can prolly just imagine!! lol..but that is one nice lookin k5 there! are ya SURE you have to sell it?

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Don't say that. I'm trying to maintain the finality of my decision...

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That K5 is a beauty Ratch!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'd keep it...having to kick your own ass after the fact isn't much fun./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

Imagine sitting there at the trail head, top off, a nice warm breeze flowing through the truck...you select 4 low and lock the hubs and begin. As you wheel the trail and re-discover how capable your K5 is the stress melts away and you temporarily forget all the day to day crap you endure in order to make a living.

You come to an obstacle that is a real challenge, and the truck conquers it without a hitch. You know you have to pose the truck and share the pic with all your friends here...man and machine in perfect harmony, enjoying the back woods.

What was this post about again? I got a serious itch to go wheeling!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rene

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imagine sitting there at the trail head, top off, a nice warm breeze flowing through the truck...you select 4 low and lock the hubs and begin. As you wheel the trail and re-discover how capable your K5 is the stress melts away and you temporarily forget all the day to day crap you endure in order to make a living.

You come to an obstacle that is a real challenge, and the truck conquers it without a hitch. You know you have to pose the truck and share the pic with all your friends here...man and machine in perfect harmony, enjoying the back woods.

What was this post about again? I got a serious itch to go wheeling!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting to head out and drive over some sh!t now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Damn you Rene! My wife read this thread and called me. She doesn't believe I'll do it now.

To think, I called you people helpful!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm evil...what can I say? (other than the fact you supplied the pic...)

Happy trails Ratch!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene