Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For sale: Piece of [darn]

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by laketex, Oct 25, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Bring $4K and it's yours. Offer good today only, cause afterward it'll be beaten into a giant hunk of fawked up metal. That's all.

Bryan

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

If it makes ya feel any better, I just spent close to 4 hrs trying to get my power steering pump out of my crewcab. I think some one had swaped it out once before or when the motor was swapped and used loctite on every bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I had the local napa order it on Tuesday, so I go in thursday and they ordered the wrong one. So they say it will be in Saturday morning. So after I finally get it out I go over there and this one is also the the wrong one. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now it will be Tuesday morning before it will be in. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well we're setting in for another epic long nite. Dan just busted the adaptor in the old tcase trying to get the shifter off. Busted the breaker bar and 3' piece of heavy wall pipe into his knee. Going to be a bit upset if he can't get off his arse to help me put this thing back in... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hang in there man. I was at that stage about 1 week before Moab BB03. And I'm not exagerating either. A friend came by and calmed me down, helped out a bit, and I got past it. I got your back in spirit at least. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good luck!

6. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Man,

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to post something like that. What usually helps me through it is imagining I have in front of me, the GM engineer responsible for what ever ass-backwards design that is making my life miserable. The scene usually resembles Homer strangling Bart, and ends with a good beating with the part in question ... it was a power steering pump in a Suburban last week that required the motor to be jacked up on one side to get it out. A hydroboost unit from a one ton that required removing 1/2 the dash to get to the last 2 bolts.

This technique works well for Fords and Dodge … but for some reason, the guys at GM seem to get beat up the most, go figure.

Good Luck.

Eric M.

7. Damn Bryan !!! You'll make it, we've all had those days !! Just look back to my tranny problems in the Burb!! I went through hmmm one moving from TX to KY (ended up buying a trailer/renting a U-haul to tow itto KY), hmm then drove it for 6 months without OD until she finally let go and left me stranded on the way home from work, then I traded a NP205 for a used 700R4 that lasted about 2 or 3 months, then the big thing with selling the Burb and the guy from FL actually paid for the new tranny from AMCCO and the bailed on the deal...You'd think all would be good, but I ended up taking it in 6 times before they got it right(two bad trannies and leaky this and leaky that, but they did finally get it right in the end)Oh yeah the fun never stopped, the night I traded the Burb for the Jimmy the Burb's tranny blew big time and went back to help the guy, taking quite a few hours to limp it to the next exit, blowing the servo clear off the tranny ! (He was running about 80 MPH in Drive, not OD with 38's and 4:56 gears, hmmmm not smart !! And then about a year later I go up to the local five and dime for a "DEW" and the oil pressure in the Jimmy goes way low and then back up, hmmmmm I though maybe just the gauge actins stupid, I go to leave and about 1/4 mile away here come the knock. I fried the crank, quite a few main bearings, and who knows what else !!! I had about a week before I had to be in SC for school so I bought a crate 350 on the ole plastic and life goes on !!! So how are your problems going? Keep that damn K5 and keep gritting you teeth !! Bring it down to me and I'll use it for my wheeling rig and keep the Jimmy like it is. Good luck man !!