Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For the dirt bikers amongst us.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by southernspeed, Jul 19, 2006.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My club ran one of our yearly enduros at Tilgate forest a few weeks ago. It was a really hot and humid day but everyone had a good ride. Course was was a bit technical in places but had a few open fire breaks where you could relax for a couple of seconds and use your camelback! We put in one really tight check that sorted out the men from the boys! The timed special test was excellent! I wish I'd been competing but as it was my club hosting the event I had to help with the running which meant me punching time cards and writing time sheets!
    So here's just a few random pics for the hell of it.

tilgate 003 copy.JPG

tilgate 007 copy.JPG

tilgate 009 copy.JPG

tilgate 025 copy.JPG

tilgate 030 copy.JPG

2. southernspeed

A few more.

tilgate 033 copy.JPG

tilgate 034 copy.JPG

tilgate 035 copy.JPG

tilgate 046 copy.JPG

tilgate 048 copy.JPG

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Wow looks like great fun. ..............But one question.... What is all that green stuff and those tall skinny pole like things in those pics.. Looks like good riding country. I have thousands of square miles of good riding country around me but none of that funny looking green stuff...... Well maby a quaking aspen or two:D

4. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

First picture is awesome, not too many TM's around. I have one, and I am looking for one for Homeslice right now. I too am puzzled by the green stuff and the tall skinny pole things.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

KTMs are awesome! are those husquavarnas? (i know i didnt speel that right) dont see many huskies either, except in supermoto.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

man, when I was a kid motocross racing was the only thing in my brain at anytime, day or night. I wish I could be that focused on just one thing now like I used to then. I ride a KTM and love it. would love to race an enduro or desert race, but now Im just out of shape, to busy, and dont have the time or money, and did I say out of shape :D . I sure miss those old motocross racing day though. some of the few great memories I have as a kid.

7. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I picked up my friends Honda XR or XM(i dunno) 200 and been goofing around. Im having a hard time doing good starts without wheelying the hell outta it. haha

8. southernspeed

That there green stuff and them there poles is what makes our enduros so hard! Most of our races are on forestry land...hence the trees. You'll spend most of your 8 mile lap weaving through tight trees, muddy ruts and boggy areas. We throw in some fire breaks for a bit of speed and a chance to get your breathe. Often the course goes between trees just wide enough for your bars...unless you get it slightly wrong like I did this last weekend at another race where I hit a tree HARD with my right arm which pitched me over the bars, down a 4' drop and land me head first on the floor which was luckily soft sand! I've nearly got the grip back in my right hand now!:D

The majority of bikes are KTMs, Huskys, and Yamahas with a little bit of everything else. I ride a 450exc KTM but I'm thinking of getting a 250 as the 450 really beats me up through the tight nadgery stuff. On the fire breaks and in deep sand the power is awesome though.
    This is me racing last year sometime.

iron hill 1.jpg

9. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

10. southernspeed

Thanks, there's some video clips there. Some of those places look pretty remote. You sure wouldn't want to take a hard fall out there or you'd be in a world of hurt. Loved the jeep trail one, we occasionally get some stretches like that in an enduro but they never last long enough!