Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for the guys with hydraboost

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Oct 16, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

just picked a hydraboost unit up at the yard. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifgot a quick question, im pretty sure i know where everything goes, but what is the single big hose that comes out of the side of the power steering pump for ? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifsomeone please let me know, and picks would even be better. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

One high pressure line out of pump, two return lines to pump- one from brake booster, one from steering box. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

the yard took this off for me. i called and got a hold of them, they told me it was for the reservoir and they didnt take it off. wtf ? on hydraboost, the reservoir is seperate from the pump ? do/please tell ? also, got pics of yur system ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Oh you mean THAT big hose. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Yeah its for the reservoir that mounts to the side of my alternator bracket. Mine is a big block (87) and I think deisels have that as well. Sorry no pics.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If they didnt give you the resivor with it I think they owe you a part!

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, go get the reservoir, that's one of the nice things about a hydro boost, you're set up for ram assist from the factory!
    All diesels and 1-tons had hydroboost but there were some variations in reservoir placement and I've seen some that didn't have a separate reservior, whether from the factory or after an individual "worked" on it I don't know.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What do you mean, set up for ram assist from the factory? What am I missing here? I've got a hydroboost setup and I wasn't going to use it. Please explain Stephen!

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

He means the extra capacity of hydraulic fluid in that remote reservoir. The typical small block pump doesnt have enough fluid capacity to run some of the bigger rams.