Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For the long wheel base crowd

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by b454rat, Dec 13, 2005.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

IF I don't sell my truck, I'm gonna do a SAS, the front is a no brainer, but have a couple questions on lifting the rear, and some drivelines, too. Ok, I got the ORD shackle flip, how much does it move the axle forward?? I checked the site, and inless I'm blind (just had a DOT physical today and passed!!) I didn't see anything. I'm thinking a total of 6-7" lift, and with the flip and a 2-3" offset block would lift it and move the axle back. I'm not gonna be wheeling this, and not a tow vehicle, and gonna put a simple ladder bar type link to prevent axle wrap. As for the driveline, my truck is an ext cab long box, has a two piece shaft. I don't want to spend $500 on a rear shaft if I don't have to. Could I lower the carrier some to "level" the shaft? Or do I need to shim down the rear. I did a homemade flip on my 89, has about 7" lift, and alot shorter rear shaft, and there is nothing for vibes from the rear shaft.

2. b454rat

I know someone lifted a LWB truck!!! Anybody??

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

You can put a strong spacer to lower the driveshaft carrier bearing. Just make sure your u-joint angles all work together.

4. b454rat

I called up a couple places and they said the same thing. Just wanted to see if anybody else did this, and if they had any problems or anything. Since I didn't get a single call on my truck, I think it will be getting the SAS very soon.