Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those CK5ers that know me...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Feb 27, 2007.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I know I've been scarce and I wanted to explain where I've been and why I've been gone...
    Two years ago around this same time of the year I decided to drop my job (teacher), sell my blazer, cash in my retirement, sell everything I could and head to Costa Rica. The reasons were many. My marriage of 8 years (I hitched when I was a mere lad of 20 years) was a disaster because of my womanizing ways. We fought constantly. I never had a home to go to. My friends were'nt welcome, my band was a constant threat to her, and she was majorly materialistic.
    The guys who I have come to know on this board know that I am a kind man. I care for people and I am a standup friend. Many of you helped me on my journey by buying up some of my junk. I went to Costa Rica and surfed many waves. I was running from an angry, soon to be ex-wife, that even tried to sabotage my teaching career by making sordid acusations concerning my conduct with students. She almost succeeded but once again, people who knew my professional conduct was upstanding, stood by me.

While in Costa Rica, I realized that my true love, my blazer, was sorely missed. I figured if I could start something down in Costa Rica I would like to either make a offroad-business or teach English. All the good English jobs were too far inland to entice me to leave the coast. I wanted my truck...
    so I left paradise and returned to Arizona.

Now I'm in phoenix. I was making 28000 up in Northern arizona. Now I make 45k and I live in an apartment. I lost my house and my beloved dogs when I just wanted to stop fighting. But I also gained a lot too. I enrolled at Wizard School of Fabrication and took away some great knowledge and practical skills. I am chasing some dreams that I put off while I was lost in a dead end school and a dead end marriage.
    I have a great girlfriend and I am almost complete with my blazer's second major buildup. I thank all of you that have maintained connection with me though I have been a little out of the loop. I look forward to wheeling with the AZ crew soon. Perhaps next year I will roll my blazer again. Just for old time's sake.
    juan
    here's a pic of the old bastard before the sawzall and some parting out. Now I have the same frame and running gear but a different sacrificial lamb *cough *cough... I mean GMC jimmy tub and fenders. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

awsome man
    glad to have ya back
    my dad is thinking of moving to costa rica

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I don't know you other than your posts here in years past, but sounds like you've got things turned around. I always like hearing happy stories about someone turning their life around! :thumb:

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like everything worked out in the end, glad you came back.

Post some pics of the new blazer.

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Juan,

You are always welcome in our home, and you are always welcome to wheel with me/us. I think you already know this.

You are a very stand up person, and I consider you one of the many I trust and enjoy to wheel with. I don't know if that means anything, but that is how I feel.

BTW, can't wait to see some pictures.

Rob

6. FWP

FWP CRS

It ain't the same up here anymore without you my man! I remember the first time I saw anyone roll in person, it was you. Way back in '02 (or was it '01), remember the wall in Moab, you kept driving up and up and...oops:haha:

You remember Dale, used to have an XJ? Now has a well built buggy, you ought to come up here for testing. I'll bet Keith will let us play on the rocks :)

7. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

:D [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]This white tubing will be a tubing sub-structure that will be removable for crawling. Who knows, by the time I roll it again any body will likely not be mountable anyway.
    the ck5 logo is blocking the word flanges on the rear shot of ideas.

here is a little bit of what's going on. I'm mocking up some ideas in paint and want to do a better job this time around. I still need to weld in some rock sliders, and mount some hood pins/seats/guages and route wiring but other than this tube I'm practically there.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really felt like I needed to explain to everyone what was really going on in my life. I've kept a lot of this to myself and have just been plugging away at my job and now that is going well too. I'm proud to be part of the AZ crew despite my lack of a wheelable rig right now. I'm always up to help out and that's even in the middle of the dark on Rusty Nail or Pritchett or TM.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hey Juan,

Glad to see you around here more often now. From this post it looks like you got your stuff back in order & I hope to see you on the trails again soon. I am glad that things are looking better & brighter for you now. It takes a man with a clear head and balls to admit/recongize the problems with himself and others & not just blame others for the problems. I am glad you got out of a bad situation & that you are headed in the right direction and are happy now. You are good people Juan, and if you ever need anything that I can help you out with let me know.

Harley

9. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

juan i meet you last bb and tell you waht you have got to be one of the most laid back guys i have ever meet and you will always be welcome at my camp or home even if im not a az crew member

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Good to see you back, I never would have guessed you were at a crossroads. Hope everything continues to work out well for you. :thumb:

11. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

He's so laid back he kept falling asleep in the truck - even during the 2wd rock racing insanity.:haha: btw Juan - I love you man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

2wd rock racing ha that was a long day

13. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

building a dana 60 w/ 5.13s now - no more 2wd