Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those of you looking for pictures with 36" Swamper and 4" lifts look here

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Executioner, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    For those of you looking for pictures with 36\" Swamper and 4\" lifts look here

albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=22547&a=2232034&p=17414106

and here

albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=22547&a=2232034&p=17414098

These are some pictures of my Blazer and 36x12.5x15 on 15x8 white spoke wheels
    the front fenders have been trimed front and rear, and if the sway bar is removed they
    will rub on a 23 deg. ramp at about 900-950 RTI.

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
  3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Re: For those of you looking for pictures with 36\" Swamper and 4\" lifts look here

Here is a picture of my 4" lift and 36X12.5X15 TSL Swampers. It also has BushWacker cut-out fender flares. I have installed the ORD front HD shackles since these pictures.
    Rear [​IMG]
    http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush/36rearstuff.htm
    Front [​IMG]
    http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush/36Flex.htm
    Here it is on flat ground. http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush/36's.htm

The 36's are awfully close to rubbing without the swaybar on.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: For those of you looking for pictures with 36\" Swamper and 4\" lifts look here

Thanks for responding to my questions. How are the Bias tires on the highway?

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

In my opinion the 36X12.5X15 TSL Swamper bias ply tires really are horrible on the highway. I run 33" Mud King radials for everyday driving. The TSL's wander all over the road. They are loud also but I don't mind that.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

6. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Wow, that looks great! I am going to run 35x12.5's (I already own them, so it's like having free tires[​IMG]), and I have been "agonizing over whether to get the 6" or the 4" lift. You just made up my mind for me! I do have a couple questions, though: Do you have any steering mods on your truck? And did you trim your fenders yourself?

Thanks for the great pics...

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

36x12.5 16 Swamps with fender trimming/4" lift only. It will rub the inner fender a little on flex, but that is OK, I refuse to make my Blazer top heavy with a 12" lift just so it will not kiss the inner fender well. The sheet metal will look a lot worse if I roll it because it was off camber. [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey guys, those rigs look awesome. I have a Tuff Country 4" front and homeade rear just waitin to go on with 36x12.50x16 TSL radials waiting in the shed. My next set will be 13-38-16 TSL Bias though. That's a lot less trimming than I would have figured. Maybe I won't have to make those custom inner fenders after all [​IMG]!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

9. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.

Bais tires are terriable on the highway compared to Radials, they are louad, hard to balance, Have what I call
    Nylon Thumps(For about the first 15mins. the flat spots from sitting over night, and lockers can really make this
    worse).They will wear very fast if your low on air pressure, I have tried differe nt width rims 7,8,9,10 for my SS
    TSL 36x12.5x15, and I wish I never sold the 9's they gave the best overall perfomance.
    FYI the SS TSL Radials 36x12.5x15 on 8" compared to SS TSL 36x12.5x15 on 8" were almost 1" less in overall
    height with my Blazer at 5500lbs.
    With the top off and crusing around 80mph on the freeway you can't hear anything but the tires, um you can feel
    the bass(12" woofers).
    Good luck if you go with the non-radials, you might want to look at the SS SX 36x12.20x15, I think they have a fiberglass belt in the tread area this is what happend in the early days when bais ply's were being upgraded, this
    will most likley be my next tire upgrade when I can afford some tires($).
    Good luck

10. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Hey with those 36's and a 4" lift have you measured how tall your truck is at the front and back? What's the actual diameter of the 36's when inflated for the street?

Actually I'd like to know this about the 35" BFG Mud's with a 4" lift. I know I'll get a slew of different answers depending on the type of lift, etc., etc. but it should average out. (I still want to fit my rig into my garage with 4" and 35" bfg's without having to trim the upper garage door framing...) [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Do you feel I'd be o.k .with a 2" body lift added ? Remember I have a 4" Trailmaster lift right now and I want to fit 36x12.5's . thanx.

12. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Fiberglass racing fenders?

I was thinking of getting some flared racing fenders from Fabtech or Glassworks Unlimited to fit 36's or maybe larger with a 4" lift. Think it will work? The only thing I'm worried about is the durability of the fiberglass, I don't want the fenders to crack or shatter in the near future. Add a custom prerunner bumper, skid plates, and some 10" Hella's and it would make for a pretty mean lookin truck. Anyone tried this before??

Joe
    88 Jimmy

13. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Re: Fiberglass racing fenders?

For a little extra durability, spray some rubberized undercoating on the inside of the 'glass parts. It guards the filaments from damage and absorbs vibration that can cause disbonding.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...