Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those of you that know me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeff427, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

and whoever might be interested, my wife and I were riding passenger with my mom and younger brother on thursday last week. My brother (Jay) was driving, mom was passenger in the front, and my wife (Gloria) and I were in the back of my mom's 94 Caprice, when Jay had a seizure and the car went out of control at speed (55mph). We found out that the Chevrolet Caprice is a very hard car to roll when they slide sideways accross a major road /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Also, don't hit road signs at speed, they really do a number on the roof of the car. I am glad to say everyone is ok, but my brother can't drive again for at least 6 months (he just got his licence too /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and he has to undergo a bunch of tests so they can try to figure out why it happened. I have to say that my wife Gloria handled the situation amazingly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. She took command of the situation when everyone else (including me!) was disoriented. I am glad she was there to make everything go as smoothly as it did after the accident. Well, I know I have left out a lot of details, but the gist of what happend is here. Anyone that would like more details, let me know. Thank you for reading through this.

2. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Wow! Glad to hear that you are all ok... sounds like it was a pretty wild ride /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Glad the ending was good......
    and you weren't in the K5

4. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Jeff
    Glad to hear your family is ok after that. Hope everything is ok with your brother. Keep us posted. I'll be praying for him. And will give prayer of thanks for your family too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif im glad everyone is ok /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif has he ever had them before?

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Good thing everybody is ok. Hope your brother gets better and doesn't go thru that again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear bout that jeff. hope yer brother gets well and you and yer family alrite. later.

jacob

8. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Damn Jeff, sorry to hear that. I'm glad that everyone is OK. I guess that's a pretty good ad for the Caprice huh? At least no one was hurt, cars can be replaced.

9. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

My family and I would like to thank you all for your support. You all are great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

10. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    has he ever had them before?

[/ QUOTE ]
    he did have one before, but it was 4 years ago, so we didn't really think it would be a problem again /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

11. mudhog

do they know why it happend?

12. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

He has to go in tomorrow for another test, hopefully this one will pin it down, and let them get it taken care of /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

13. mudhog

thats good they are looking into it good luck with it i hope it is noting bad

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man, that could have been a real ugly situation, sounds like you may have had one more passenger riding with you that you didn't know about.

15. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

glad everyone is okay and knowone got hurt you definatly had someone else in that car with you watching over you guys! you will all be in my thoughts and prayers and i hope they can pinpoint the problem with your brother and if it is going to happen again.
    kelly

16. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Man, that could have been a real ugly situation, sounds like you may have had one more passenger riding with you that you didn't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Steve, you don't have to tell me! When the seizure first started we went accross a double yellow line on a blind curve /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, then when my mom tried to get the car back on the other side of the road, my brother still had a hold of the wheel, so she over compensated and put the car in the ditch on the right side of the road, and at one point all I remember seeing in front of us was TREES /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, but somehow my mom managed to get the car back on the shoulder until we got past the woods, then it went back in the ditch, hit the "Pass With Care" sign, then came up out of the ditch into a 180º spin into a sideways slide accross both lanes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and landed in a guy's front yard on a bank as the wheels on the passenger side plowed us to a stop (we were still sliding sideways) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. There were woods on both sides of the road that we just missed. We all realize that we are very fortunate.

17. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dang! sounds like a scary situation! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Glad to hear that everyone was okay. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

18. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

I'M Glad everything is okay now- its always scary to hear about things like that- Jess

19. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Holy shnikies! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I hope your bro get the help he needs, that is totaly a freak thing. Glad you all were there to help him and you all got out unharmed. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Glad you all were there to help him and you all got out unharmed.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, we are glad we were with him, if he had been alone, the results would have been much worse, I am sure /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.