Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE INTERESTED IN PARTS OFF OF MY '85 SUBURBAN...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Mar 16, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE INTERESTED IN PARTS OFF OF MY \'85 SUBURBAN...

...sorry to say that the parts are no longer available. I am not parting it out anymore as my wife and I just bought a new car and used this Suburban as a trade-in. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

We got a 2000 Grand Prix GTP for her as I will be driving her '95 Grand Am for a daily driver now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now finally...I can save on gas mileage instead of driving a truck that gets 5 mpg!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE INTERESTED IN PARTS OFF OF MY \'85 SUBURBAN...

Too bad about the 'burb, but the GTP is a FUN car to drive! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

Hey, no need to apologize to us! Just glad to here things working out for ya. Hope the new wheels stay together! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad about the 'burb, but the GTP is a FUN car to drive! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got the car today as I was off from work. I had FUN in that thing! Just getting on the gas puts a smile on my face when you feel the 0-60 reaction time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Unfortunately, the insurance went up on this type of car by $15 more than what I was paying on our '95 Grand Am, with both cars being 4 doors. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Oh well, who cares when you can have this much fun in these things!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, we have the only GTP here in my town of around 3000 population. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

If I didn't know any different, I would think you were a Pontiac Man! Wasnt the last car for the wife a Poncho? We have a few other Pontiac guys here too. I finally sold all my Pontiac motors, otherwise one might have made it into my K5. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, "Luxury with Attitude". My wife drives a Bonne' SLE fully decked out. Man that thing will fly. Pretty impressive...

Congrats Wes, have fun but don't let it get away from ya! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Now try to imagine that Bonneville with the SSEi package. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That supercharger is what makes 'em REALLY fun to drive! I was just about to buy a new Grand Prix GTP when we lived in Houston, then found out we were transferring to Colorado. 4WD is the preferred mode of transport around these parts... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. thatK30guy

When it comes down to factory performance cars that are affordable, Pontiacs will have my vote any time. They also make the best looking cars, IMO. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif These Grand Prix's have absolutely the most stunning bodies and shapes of just about all the cars out there. They have all the right curves in the right places! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Looking at a Grand Prix is like looking at a Playboy magazine centerfold! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Pontiacs are my choice of selection over any other brand. I prefer a Grand Am, Prix, and Firebird any day! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Me too! ^

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

i see a handle-change coming 4 you, Wes..... ThatK30Guy --> The Poncho-Man! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. thatK30guy

Hey Jim, I think I'm PM'ing Steve to change my title to that name!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Can't raz you too much on it. I think mamma's van is going to the curb later this year, and was thinking bonne or Prix as well for her (of course, i'd get to drive it on occassion as well).
    On the performance side, think i'd rather dig up an ol' W-30 Olds Cutlass! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Dang near bought one new just before i enlisted a zillion years ago, but Dad wouldn't co-sign @ the time! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Man, would that ride be worth a buck or two now! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif