Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those running the springier set up in the rear. Why do you like it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, May 9, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am going to go for it probably. I was thinking of getting f-150 springs to. Thanks Mike

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I want to know if anyone locks that drop bar to the resting plate for street use and disconnects for offroading /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Sorry not trying to hijack, just thought instead of a second thread I would toss it in here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Love mine-flexxes like a crazy, rides ok (i have no weight in the back)if i had more it would ride like a caddy. i have had no problems w/it except my center spring pin broke (fixed it cheap and easy) and marv is an excellent guy to deal with.

my .02

4. 84CUCV

that is a good one. If you can lock it down for street use you would have a better ride right? mike

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I run it in the rear, and I can't say anything bad about it. Check out some of my webshot pictures in my profile.

I now run my blazer back and forth to work daily, due to I'm sort a car. I generally run it all day during the weekends also. I have had no problems with my springer and I don't lock the drop bracket down. It's the $hit on the road, but keep in mind I probably have 500 lbs in tools and parts in the rear of my blazer. It rides absolutely like a caddi on the road. I don't think you will find anyone that runs Springer that does not like the way it runs on road.

I am personal friends with Marv, and wheel with him everywhere. I have first hand knowledge of just about everyone that runs his system. There are about 8 of us in AZ that run his system alone.

Now as far as off road, his system is unbeatable. It's flex is crazy and very stable, the wheel travel is awesome. I can't say anything bad about his system.

If you are looking for a system that has all around ride comfort, and off road handling, and basically a bolt on system, you picked the right one.

Good luck

robzilla

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am personal friends with Marv, and wheel with him everywhere. I have first hand knowledge of just about everyone that runs his system. There are about 8 of us in AZ that run his system alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
    7 that run it and one that looks at it in his garage....
    soon to drive....

i have seen it in action, and the second i saw it i said, "I WANT"
    then a while later i had.
    marv and his product are both stand up. great quality of work and parts.
    Grant

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

IMHO, my Springer Suspension and shock set up is the ticket.

With the shock angles and overall characteristics of my rig, I don't run the cross bar and its fine on the street.

Marv interupted a BBQ he was hosting to help me with my install when i had a few questions. Things works awsome, got more flex than i know what to do with...literally.

I am investigating tubbing the rear of my junk, as the suspension flexs so well, the wheel tubs themselves are limiting flex and eating my rear tires.

8. 84CUCV

Cool thanks guys. Any of you using f150 springs with this kit? Wondering what that would be like. Mike

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

the reason you run the Springer suspension is to utilize the 57" ford spring.

me nad a buddy of mine are towing with the idea of how to run 63" springs with the springer set up.

i'll post up if we ever get around to it.

10. 84CUCV

cool thanks mike

11. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

What is the cross bar that you are talking about?

Thanks
    Ken H.

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't run the cross bar and its fine on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

its actualy a stabilizer in a way. keeps the axle from moving side to side under the truck. Or2Play has yet to install his on his burban(i think the first and maybe only burban to be running springer) and it rode fine. a bit bumpy with no shocks in back. but still nice.
    its a track bar to be specific.
    Grant

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

not to jack the post... but how much lift is safe with the springer setup?

14. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Is axle wrap still a factor with the Springer suspension? I have heard that the F-150 springs alone have problems with this. Does the Springer suspension take any steps to cure the problem?

15. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I can't say anything bad bout Marv or his system. Excellant quality and a great guy too do business with. I got close to 7 inches out of mine. I was driving it daily with no problems. Thats without the track bar installed yet and no rear shocks. Haven't taken it offroad yet due to a lack of other things. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

axle wrap is a problem with any soft springs. you just can't hammer on it. I'm not the one to ask. I'll crawl through anything. I wish i had enuff gearing to just idle over things, thus axle wrap wouldn't be a problem...

it can net between 4-6" of lift, also.

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

im looking for about 8" of total lift out of my truck without any blocks... so im thinkin the springer setup and toss a couple extra leafs in...access to take off leafs makes me think i shouldnt have too much problem.. then maybe just a bds or skyjacker 8" spring up front?

18. 84CUCV

As soon as I have the funds I am going to pic it up. Thanks Mike

19. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I've already done an ORD shackle flip but I'm still looking for more flex. Can the Springer suspension be bolted up to the ORD bracket or would I need to replace them with stock brackets?

20. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status