Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those that drilled out rear belt bolts...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kgillyk5, Jul 13, 2003.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

...I dont think there's enough material in the seatbelt mount under the floor to re-tap this a size bigger or to heli-coil. Looks like a 1/2" bolt in a 5/8ths or 3/4" mount (90'k5). Has anyone successfully reused this mount hole once rusted badly? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif What happened to hardware you could put a 3/4" socket on??? My rusted sparetire bracket came RIGHT off nice, not this torx seat belt crap. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What happened to hardware you could put a 3/4" socket on??? My rusted sparetire bracket came RIGHT off nice, not this torx seat belt crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yikes those were fun to get out. Those torx things were crap- I used a cut off wheel to square the top of the bolt, and put a wrench on that, and a 3' bar on that. One came out, 1 snapped flush with the bedfloor. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I feel yer pain...