Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for those that have installed a bolt in brace

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Mar 18, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I am working on installing my bolt in steering brace from ORD and it looks like the hole that I have to drill is in line with a small bracket that is clamping some hardlines to the crossmember. Have you guys just drilled it out and used the brace to bolt down that bracket, or did you relocate the backet and bolt the brace straight to the crossmember?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Took the clamp off entirely , threw in corner , put brace on , left lines as is . Lines seem to be fine after a year :grin:

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'll do the same. thanks and BTW where did you get you're shackle Flip Kit from? Never seen one like that before, looks very easy to install. Are You happy with it? How much lift did it give you? Thanks, Scott.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Was a now defunct "Echobit" flip kit , I picked up used but never installed by the po . I got 5.5 inches from what I gather , never measured . The rear is up just a tad so it sits level severley loaded up .

It flexes real nice , and I have no handling issues to speak of . I recommend flips , regardless of brand . This one was just easier to install :D