Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for those that went to the swap meet...or those that didn't,LOL

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

for those that went to the swap meet...or those that didn\'t,LOL

For those of you who did, did any of you see a flat blackish 30 chevy coupe, all original with yellow wire wires and even the stock motor in it???

if you didn't....
    I'll post pics of it. MY DAD BOUGHT IT!!!!!

His plans are to get the motor running (no radiator hoses, no battery...)

The stock 9" headlights even say CHEVROLET across the bottom. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Jeremy
    "Home of the Chevy"

1929 Sedan
    1930 Coupe
    1940 Coupe
    1940 Sedan
    1950 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    1950 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    1979 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    1979 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    1981 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    1987 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    1989 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif
    1990 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif
    and a 1994 Lumina /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Re: for those that went to the swap meet...or those that didn\'t,LOL

Wow that is really cool! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We went, It was the first time I have ever been into Oregon and stopped for anything. (This is not for anyone in here) I have never met so many rude people in my life. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Nothing like you guys in here. We were cut off twice to the point we had to swerve into the other lane. The only people we met at the swap meet that were polite and helpful in our searches where from california. When we were trying to get out to catch the bus to the parking lot at the end of the day this guy was blocking the exit (a small sheltered part of the exit) just becuase he didnt want to stand outside and get wet. Nevermind all of us behind him who is stuck in the rain and can not get out of the damn place. We said "excuse me" and he said "your excused now get the hell out of here". So, missed the bus, had stand out in the rain for another 20 minutes (20 minutes is long after being in the rain all day). /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I was never so happy to get back To Wa. in my life. Everyone I know from here is so nice. What the heck happend? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The money spent to get there, to park and to get into the place was a complete waist except for the people we met from california who gave us their numbers and are going to look through the rest of their stuff and let us know... Im never going there again.

I hope it was better for the rest of you and you all found good stuff. I wish the people we ran into there were like you guys.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have heard the same thing about the Portland meet and dont even bother going. The small swap meet in Redmond, OR is a very nice one to go to though. Never had a problem at that one. I do need to find out when it is this year again. Also since Central OR is on the East side of the mountains it is usually a nice sunny day for hunting thru the swap meet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yeah kenny, do try and find out when that swap meet is again, I have forgotten also, and like going to it better than the one in portland.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i was gonna go... to get a spare for my 39.5s... just didnt have the time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

6. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man I'm glad you guys don't like going - more stuff for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I find if you guy on Friday the crowd is much less.

I agree that there are a$$holes there (just like anywhere else) but I don't think that's reason enough to avoid such a huge used-parts mecca!

7. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I have gone to the Porland Swap Meet for about ten years now and while I didn't get to go this year, I'm not too upset about it. I absolutely agree. It is too the point that I don't really even want to go spend my $7.00 to support a bunch of upity, rude idiots. Way back when, before it became a comercial endeavor, it used to be a HUGE PARTY. How many people remember when they used to fill the race track? We would tell the gate guy that we were going to pick up parts and then just cruise the track in my 78 Blazer, drinking beer. We would go on Thursday to set up and stay till Sunday when the hangover stopped. If we actually sold anything or bought anything, well bonus. I worked at the Dancin' Bare as a bouncer for most of that time and Swap Meet weekend was HUGE!!! And people were KOOL!!! I don't know how many times I sat out in the parking lot B.S.ing with people to the point that I got in trouble from my boss. Now it is all vendor trailers and $50,000 show cars. It was a lot funner being a motor head before it became cool to be a motor head... Oh well, I guess you've gotta choose your battles.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif