Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For Those wanting to go to Hydraulic Clutch...*PICS*

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tommy, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I'm in the finishing stages of my 4 speed swap, and had to share abouth my hydraulic setup I put together. I have read several posts, and I was dreading it, but I wanted a hydraulic setup. I noticed a manual 91-93 chevy truck when I picked up my tranny at junkyard, seen the slave-master setup, thought it would work, the guy only wanted $20, so what the hell. I made a bracket out of 3" angle, 1/4"thick, that bolted onto the bellhousing with the pivot stud hole and the two side bellhousing bolts. I welded two straps to the angle to bolt to the two bellhousing bolts. I had to cut the line, it was a mile too long, and bought a 8" line at parts store to use as couplings to solder line back together where I cut it. I was amazed how easy it was. I have a grand total of $22.95 in my hydraulic setup. I tried it this morning, works great, I still have some fine tuning on the pedal ratio, but its gonna work. I will post pics later, just had to tell so those who are wanting this can start fabbing.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/tommy69z>http://community.webshots.com/user/tommy69z</a>
    They didn't come out as good as I wanted them to. If you have questions maybe I can help. I should have taken pics before putting it on. Been driving around couple of days, seems to work great.

Drive it Like You Hate It!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Tommy on 11/28/01 08:58 PM.</FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

Re: For Those wanting to go to Hydraulic Clutch...

I am VERY interested in this. please post the pics when you get them.

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH

4. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Hey Tommy its great to hear you got you got the tranny in... is the truck running again? Hey man... let me know if you still wanna do the fuel tank swap... still?

72 Chevy Blazer, 327, SM-465, NP 205, 4in lift, 35 in tires
    Was About to put in 400 SBC/ 700-R4
    Now trying to go 454/ 400/ 205 setup

5. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I do wanna swap on the tank, its just not high up on the get things done list. I just have too much going on, I'm trying to get an AC buisness started, thats my first priority, but yes I do want to swap. Tommy

Drive it Like You Hate It!

6. Does the hydraulic setup do for the clutch feel what power brakes does to manual brakes? Looks like a great project, but I'm not familar with what exactly a hydraulic clutch setup gains you.

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's

7. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

In my case it made the swap easier, it also takes the flex problem out of the picture. I just didn't want to fool with the linkage since I had a body lift.

Drive it Like You Hate It!