Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for those who did a 14BFF disc conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5RON, May 18, 2001.

1. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

I'm in the process of doing the conversion and was wondering which wheel studs you used? The stud hole in the drum seems to be small than that of the disc. I'm thinking that the holes are O.K. for centering the rotor. Any input?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What rotors and brackets are you using? I used the TSM brackets and F250 rotors and I bought 16 new K20 front studs. They hammered in just fine.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

I'm using "Misfit's" brackets and Chevy rotors. Are the K20 fronts long enough? The stocker rear K20 studs are like 2 1/2" long.

4. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

Are the studs not long enuff or are they to big around? I used cevy rotors from a dana 44 3/4 and the studs pressed in fine. They were a bit on the short side though not enuff to worry about.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I bought some studs once to use for this set up and if I can remember right, they were around 4" long.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

6. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Did you use the stock K20 rear studs?

The length of the stock rear K20 studs are O.K. but the knurliing diameter is a little sloppy in the rotor. I may be a little anal here but if this set-up (K20 rear studs) is the way most use, then it's also good for me!

This K5 thingy is new to me,although I've been around cars since I was a kid.;)

BTW, I'm using stock K20 rotors.

Oh,yeh! Thanks for the replies.

Ron

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The stock K20 rotors are the correct items to use.

I used studs that were long enough so there wouldnt be any loss of threads after installing an aluminum wheel. You might be able to get by with shorter studs and a steel wheel.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I called TSM, and they told me the 76-78 Eldorado calipers (w/ rear e-brake) should work w/ the D44 rotor, and misfits backing plate.

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I bought the complete kit from TSM, which included 3/4 ton Chevy truck front rotors, Elderado calipers & their brackets. My studs from the 14BFF pressed in perfect and allowed for ample threads.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!