Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for those who did the shackle flip through the hanger....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 23, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

did you have drive line vibes? Shims? If so what degree did you go to, the 83' had the 4 speed/208 combo and 10 bolts.

Thanks,

shawn /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I have the shackle flip and I am getting some Vibe. I dropped the Tcase down and had my drivelines lengthened so now I am wondering what degree shims I will need. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

how do you know you have vibe

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

No shims or vibes. I do have the CVC in the back though. The angle worked out well with just lowering the rear of the spring.

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Because when I apply throttle I can feel a slight vibration. And if it is all quiet and no radio it sounds like a bass tube inside the truck?

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The best combination I have found is 6.5 degrees down on the rear pinion and about a 1.25" T-Case drop. This is still pushing the limits of a stock length 2 U-joint shaft. My U-joints are both at about 13 degrees. I still get slight vibrations sometimes (my wife can not notice it), but I have tried several combination and this is the best I can get it without a slip yoke eliminator or CV shaft. My U-joints are lasting forever, too.

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I had vibes BAD and then dropped the t case and they went away. Have done some power adders (duals, intake, tossed the ac) and now under some acceleration from a dead stop, I get a little vibe, but it quickly subsides. Pinion angle is perfect for a CV.

John