Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those who don't look in wanted...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Aug 5, 2004.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

For those who don\'t look in wanted...

I find myself in a situation where I need to get the truggy running again before finishing the buggy (that's not yet started). Part of it is that I need the space where the buggy sets to do the buggy work and I can't move the truggy around as required with it broken. The other part is that I have a few trails I *need* /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (Jonesing) to run long before I'll have the buggy finished. Local Th350 wanted.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Re: For those who don\'t look in wanted...

I'm doing the T350 dance too... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My problem is that I'm gettin' distracted on other stuff.

Very soon we gotta get past this /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif....

Marv

3. BadDog

So, nobody else has any leads?

I've found one in IL(?). What's the cheapest way to ship those puppies, in no hurry... We used to ship lots of heavy stuff Greyhound really cheap. Do they still ship?

Edit: The post in For Sale says a stripped (no converter or fluid) Th350 is 132# on a piece of plywood, and 95 bare. Either thats one heavy box/board, or one is wrong. Anyone got any facts or opinions? Looks like UPS and greyhound are going to be about the same at $80-85 with Greyhound caping it at 100# max... And FedEx is 52 for the same thing. How best to package a trans for shipment? Band onto a small pallet, plug the holes, and let 'er rip? Super heavy box and wrapped in plastic wrap (heavy stuff like movers use?) or something?

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I shipped a NP205 to the East Coast a while back (purchaser arranged shipping). While not a TH350 I bet you could do something similar to what I did. I created a small pallet type base and secured the case to the pallet with plumber's strap (galvanized strip about 1" wide, riddled with holes about every inch or so) and a [darn]load of drywall screws. The beautiful thing about that strap and the screws is you can put the specific amount of tension you want holding the unit to the pallet by running the screws in only so far. Once I had it secured to the pallet, I wrapped the snot out of it with shipping shrink-wrap. So after that, off it went to the East Coast and upon receiving it I heard back from the purchaser on what a good job of packaging was done (not bragging, just stating that it was rec'd in good cond). The best part of the whole thing is that it was real easy and cheap to do and also very durable.

I don't recall the exact amount it cost, but I had my D60 shipped from the East Coast to here for what I considered a very reasonable price (for 850lbs IIRC) by Forward Air.

But then there is always that ridiculous fuel economy of a certain diesel powered vehicle that I/you know of...... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I have one at my dads, it leaks bad but it did come from a driving blazer. I will find out if he plans to use it, if not.. its your, just pick it up..bring a towel.

I will post back or pm you on moday after I talk to him.

6. BadDog

I may take you up on that. Leaks can probably be taken care of with seals/gaskets. It wouldn't happen to be a K case would it? Could I get that lucky??? Nahh.... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. supersize75k5

to be honesty I am so stuck on cloud nine with my "t-400 almighty is the greatest of all do good trannys" that I dont know to much about any other. So if its a k-case.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I dunno but free would be a great price to get your truggy going /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am having lunch tommarow with him so I will let ya know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BadDog

Any news on the trans?

9. supersize75k5

send pm,

He is using the trans, sorry russ, I will keep my eyes open /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif