Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

?for those who have baught wheel cylinders for their 14 bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 5, 2002.

how much did you spend? napa wants from 30 to 50 bucks each depending on what size i have! i've already got my pads on and new seals for the drums so i though i'd just do em while i'm in there. plus one is starting to seep a bit. this is just for my work truck so wanted to keep it cheep, but damn, its starting to add up. next brake job will be discs.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i paid 11 bucks each at autozone...i think napa might be bending you over! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif at least make em give ya a kiss first...lol. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. the guy at napa said there are two sizes for the wheel cylinders. one is 1 1/16", the other is 1 1/8" and they are not interchangable. the 1 1/8 is 50 bucks each- probably the one i need too! might have to do with the fact that i have the 13" drums and not the smaller ones. what size are yours?- your drums that is/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i would have to go out and mesure em...i cant remember what i have...

4. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>I want to say i paid $12 for mine from napa. I also have the large drums.</font color=orange>

5. Hmmmmm, must have gotten some bad info. the guys overthere are usually pretty good.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I bought mine from my dads company for a little under jobber at $4 each, they are for the 11" shoes.

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Are you sure they didn't look up cylinders for a dual wheel p/u? I looked it up on their web site and they are $12.49. I have the big a$$ed drums and paid about $11.00.

8. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I would go to another place like Autozone and check. I know they're a bunch of morons, but if you take your old ones there, you can match it with the new part. They should be under $15.

Will

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Jason, you are in luck! I just replaced mine today, bought the wheel cylinders yesterday. I'm doing exactly what you are doing (rebuilding my brakes). I bought mine at Napa for 12.49 each. I priced them at Autozone and Oreilly's and they are all basically around that price. As far as I know, if you have a full-floating 14 bolt, you will have the 13" brakes. I had originally bought them from Oreilly's, but those had seals that were larger than the originals, so I went to Napa and bought theirs. They were a perfect fit. The Oreilly's ones stuck out too much and hit the metal above the cylinders. It's kind of hard to explain, but I can take pics tomorrow if you'd like (I still haven't returned the Oreilly's ones). I also have the part numbers that I can get for you tomorrow as I have the parts laying in my bro's garage. I also just bought new seals and bearings by the way. Let me know if you need any help.

Mando

10. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Oh, and another thing. The local Napa is generally always more expensive than the other local auto parts stores, but they can ALWAYS lower their price. The Napa across town always tries to screw me with a higher price, and when I go to the other Napa, they always quote me a lower price for the exact same part!!! Anyway you look at it though, the cylinders shouldn't be over 15 bucks.

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Just so you know, not all 14ff have the big 13" brakes. 1 tons will but alot of 3/4 tons will not. I have yet to see a 14ff 1 ton that did not have them but they might be out there.