Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those who have done SAS, how does your rig ride?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by COCHEV, Sep 14, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

ok, this will not really be a wheeler, but i want some lift. its like 1500 for a 4-6" ifs lift and for that much i could get the oru brackets and steering stuff. but...... i really don't want my 93 to ride like a 73. i know, i know, i want my cake and eat it too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif a set of nationals would really blow the budget so i'm leaning towards a 4" ifs lift. just having trouble getting over the price for one of those kits. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

go with the IFS lift. Everyone that does a SAS says it ends up costing a lot more than you expect so you would probably pay that much anyway. And if its just gonna be a driving looking good rig I'd say IFS lift all the way.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Unless you can find a free front axle (with the diff on the correct side) and free labor, then getting the IFS lift is gonna be way cheaper in the long run. And IFS really does ride a LOT smoother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Also keep in mind that IFS lift kits typically come with new shocks and braided stainless brake lines. Those are extra-cost items with a leaf spring lift kit, so the price difference isn't as great as you might think. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oh yeah, if you have a 4-Wheel Parts store near you, they have been running a special that if you buy the kit from them, they'll install it for free. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Most shops charge $600-800 extra for the install as it typically takes 12-16 hours. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, my truck rides as good or better than the stock 1 ton IFS I but I have custom hybrid Alcan springs... Well, it rides good after the flat spots in the tires are gone in the mornings...

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, it rides good after the flat spots in the tires are gone in the mornings...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

how much did you give for those alcans? those are out of grand junction colorado aren't they?

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$250 each I think...