Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for those who have no carpet?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by emoo99, Apr 4, 2004.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

I currently have my cb on my center console and an amp under my seat, i wanna remove my carpet but wires will be everywhere.. how and were did you put your amp and run your wires, i was thinking amp in the back panels and wire up through the celing/door.. lemme hear what you guys did

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

haven't finished it yet but I've got no carpet in mine and my stereo in a custom console, I'm using an old stainless washing machine hose to route my power wires through, maybe try spliting a gardenhose? using it as a wireloom would be uv resistent and tough enough to withstand the abuse of being exposed.

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about this the other day and was thinking about routing them outside or inside with flexable weatherproof conduit. You can the use fittings to weatherproof the connection into one of those boxes in the center. Can be bouth in feet at any electrical part store and fittings. I will have to take some pictures. Someone used pipe to run wires for trailer on my blazer and figured my replace it with this since can put it into a waterproof box and keep it raintight.