Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those who have put in newer seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bondo, Apr 9, 2000.

1. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to put bucket seats from a 1997 or so Tahoe, Suburban or a pickup in my 1990 K5. I remember some of you guys had done that. Do the seats bolt right in or will I have to do some fabrication? If I have to do some modifications, what exactly do I need to do? Haven't bought the seats yet, but wanted to know what needed to be done to put them in before I got some. Also, does anyone know where I could find some of these seats in grey?

Thanks,
    BONDO

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I got my buckets seats in my 74 Blazer out of a 98 Blazer. I had to fab some mounts, but they work GREAT!!

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure if you are stuck on the Tahoe seats, or what price you will pay. If you are also including aftermarket in your search, give Seat Source a call (Riverside, CA), they carry a few good aftermarket brands. I got a set of Flofits from them (around $800 for the pair with brackets), love them, great dudes to deal with, and no sales tax. Good luck.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

4. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Were those seats out of an S-10? I was just wondering if the ones out of a full size might bolt right up. What really got me hooked on this idea is this past weekend when I drove my dad's 97 Full size extended cab on a trip. It has the bucket seats in it with the center console. I just loved those seats!!! I thought it would be nice to put a couple in the old K5 as the drivers side is getting that all too famous rip in it.

5. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I had to fab a bracket for the 2 front mounts and re-drill and brace the rear moounts. I have 97 suburban front seats and console in my 84. The fabrication took very little time and effort after I bought the seats and had time too think about it

Drivers seat is 6-way poower with lumbar, pass is power lumbar only,,,,very nice

Good luck

6. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guy dont know about the bucket seats but I got some from a '99 Dodge Ram had to do a little fabrication and drill just one hole in the passenger's side and they look great, and they're electric too well just the pilot side got them from my dad's work they were just laying around and I told my dad to ask his manager how much I can buy them for, you wont believe this I got them for $20 they've known my dad for a while I guess that's why, anyway if I come across more deals like this one I'll post them up.

ps. my friend has a 73 K5 also and he got some bucket seats from a 95 Tahoe he did some drilling also but they look great so good luck buddy

keep blazin !!!

7. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

JMPD.... Where did you pick up those seats? I was trying to find out where to get them and how much they might be. Thanks.

8. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I got them through a buddy, they were take outs for new customs. $350.00, but I know in Pomona CA at the swap meet the cloth will go for 5-700 and leather have gone for 7-1000. Those guys love that stuff.

9. GONZO

GONZO Registered Member

i've been wanting to put the leather seats from a newer sub or truck in my blazer too. do you have any pictures of yours that you could email me? i would really appreciate it.

<font color=blue>85 k5 Blazer 4x4
    99 Trans am 30th anniversary
    79 Trans am [​IMG]

10. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

No pics right know but will take some this weekend and post

11. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Look at Pic Gallery Alex D. has a 73 with the same seat/console set up as mine, and It is one sharp truck, needs full cage but nice.