Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for those who narrowed the front..headlights??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 20, 2004.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ok I did it, I molleseted my truck again! Also I dropped the front 3 inches "body lift gone" and pulled the fenders in about 14 inches I think. To be honest I just was board and the sawzaw had a wierd power over me /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif so an hour later I was done and happy, also lost alot of weight /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

But the only thing I had was my new stock headlights, well after making some mounts it looked like a freaking Jeep!

So after 5 minutes I grabbed the sawzaw and said the hell With that!

So what driving lights are you using, I wound up going to Wall Mart and getting some rectangle driving lights, with a remote contol = bling

They will do for now, the stock head lights didn't look very aggressive, plus these are bright /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif..did I mention the remote controle , and the brackets are very adjustable, also since it is narrowed there is alot of extra wire, so I can un hook then and use it as a light in the engine area /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

After market lights like the hella's just seem $$$$ considering they will just get bashed, and I needed low profle to get them in real close.

what are you using?

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    with a remote contol = bling

[/ QUOTE ]
    When you have remote start you will really be blingin'. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. supersize75

I got that too, but am missin the controller so no use in installing it till I find that /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I think my truck would scare little kids if I started it from 30 feet away while they walked by it...second though that would be soo funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. rjfguitar

I have it tied in with my alarm and it is hilarious watching it scare the sh!t out of drunk girls at parties. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok I did it, I molleseted my truck again!

[/ QUOTE ]

When do you ever stop molesting your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I just used the stock headlights as it was the cheapest route.

[​IMG]

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that looks so SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Looks good, but those of us with round headlights get a jeep look out of a GM frontend when narrowed. I have been wondering what lights to use also.

9. supersize75

well I have 82 'fenders on it but when I put the fenders on I didn't have lights to go with it, so I just welded on the round light supports /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Uh and for sandman....that looks great but I took off alot more than that, if I did the lights that you have I would cover the whole rariator /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

since I will be doing a buggy/tube style eventually I think I will get some newer toyota, or honda lights off of a car....flame away /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Where's the pics?

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

FYI.......

If you run your rig over the road in AZ, and you are street legal, and get stopped by DPS, YOU WILL GET TICKETED for not running DOT approved head lights, and will get ticketed for not having the headlights that are DOT approved adjusted based on the AZ DOT laws. There is no way to get by this when getting stopped by DPS. It's an instant ticket.

The lights you purchase from Walmart, Kmart, Autozone, are normally not street/DOT legal. Keep this in mind if you plan on running it on the pavement.

12. rjfguitar

So whats the point of a narrowed front and rear? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. supersize75

Rob....

I hear ya, thats why I want to know what people are using /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

p.s. Sell me that motor /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wanted to go narrower but could not get it to work out well. I had actually cut down the support more but ended up moving the fenders out to make it work. One of the problems I had was I kept the fenders all of the way back so the core support had to lean in to make up the distance lost. I had just enough room to squeek in an electric fan. The hood ended up pulling in around 3 to 4 inches when it was all over.

I would like to check out yours to see how it worked out. Too bad you live so far away. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe you could put on some Snow Plow lights like Watson did. Even has the turn signals in them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i dont think he know what snow plow lights are, or even a snow plow /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

id like to see pics of it, it only took you any hour? i think plow lights would be best /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

dang man you just keep changing that thing,LOL.

also the one time we WANT to see pics you deny us /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif LMAO!!

17. supersize75

I'm working on the pics, I have a nice new camera but I can't find the darn plug dew hicky or my media card reader.

it is so hard for me to not be able to post pix /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Rob....

I hear ya, thats why I want to know what people are using /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I am just curious what the benefit is of having a narrower front and rear.[ QUOTE ]
    p.s. Sell me that motor /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Nah, you'd just blow it up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm working on the pics, I have a nice new camera but I can't find the darn plug dew hicky or my media card reader.

it is so hard for me to not be able to post pix /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a shocker, Supersize can't post pics. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I did the hella's. they wern't too expensive. i think they are the cheap ones at pep girls---i wanna say less than $100