Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for those with a 454 and a TH350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70~K5, Jul 13, 2004.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Which tranny dipstick tube did you use. Mine has a 34" like was used with the smallblock. The tube is hard against the back of the right side valve cover. Made it real hard to install the bellhousing bolt with the tab on the tube today when I changed the O-ring seal that was leaking.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had that problem too. I bent the tube back.

3. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

With a big block and a T-350,,,,don't worry about bolting it up it,,,,, the trans won't last that long!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

mine has had the shi! beat out of it with a modded 454 and no troubles of course me and my best friend built the tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    With a big block and a T-350,,,,don't worry about bolting it up it,,,,, the trans won't last that long!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running that set up for years(i have a th400 waititng to go in) and yes I wheel it!
    [​IMG]

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Would switching to the shorter 27" dipstick and tube solve the problem? I know some chevy trucks came with a TH350 and a big block, maybe not as common as a T400 behind a 454, but a friends father bought a '77 K20 new that had this combo. What did the factory do in this case? Did they have a different tube or what?

7. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Would switching to the shorter 27" dipstick and tube solve the problem? I know some chevy trucks came with a TH350 and a big block, maybe not as common as a T400 behind a 454, but a friends father bought a '77 K20 new that had this combo. What did the factory do in this case? Did they have a different tube or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know mine is fine but it came that way from previous owner sorry..