Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For those with BBC's...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Oct 7, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

For those with BBC\'s...

I am looking to spice-up my BBC a little (it is newly acquired and on the engine stand now) but I was wondering what headers you guys are running? I am looking for a good fit for a true dual system...Right now I am looking at the Hooker Comp headers...Any input?

Chris

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: For those with BBC\'s...

I put the Dynomax onto mine. They seem to have no problems and were not very much money.

3. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

if you are looking for the best, then I would bet on Hooker Elite, or Thorley. I think both are 14 gauge with heavy 3/8" flange.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm on my second set of regular painted Hedman Headers. They fit great with no mods. I will have to warn you that my first set had to be replaced because they rusted out....after 12 years! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got the Hedmans on mine, but don't know which ones they are because they were on the truck when I bought it.

I do know L&L Products (yeah, the Ford guys), make some nickel-plated headers for all the GM stuff, and they make theirs with thicker tubes, thicker flanges, etc. Very good and strong headers.
    The flanges at the heads are 1/2" and the collector flanges are welded solid to the header tube, eliminating any chance for leakage and they are also 3/8" thick, eliminating warpage from over tightening the 3 bolts.
    Prices are around $450-ish, I believe.

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hooker Super Comps here... a little on the pricy side... but they work well, and only get beat up a little on the passenger side frame rail when the engine torques up quite a bit! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would say this though, I do have problems burning up exhast gaskets. But that is an issue for any set of headers I've ever owned. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

i have a set of blackjack/cyclones on mine. 4 years old, still hangin on. But I haven't used truck this year. I would however recommend the use of hookers collecters with any headr you may choose. The hooker flanges are welded to pipe and greatly reduce collecter flange warping. hooker headers usually have a welded flange on them.

8. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

hooker super comps /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    seal 4 good alumium gasket's, no leak's and reusable.

dave

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Thorleys here. Excellent product. No chrome left when I got them, so I sandblasted them and painted them with heat resistant aluminum color paint.