Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? For those with sliders...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by angrysnowplow, Sep 2, 2003.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Well here's my pile...
    [​IMG]
    My question is how much of the rocker is replaced when installing the sliders? (4x4 Iron ones)I need to know if I hafta find some patch panels for the chasm on the right. My plan is to get rid of the tin foil floorboards swiss cheese rockers...thoughts? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I have 4x4 iron sliders. You will have to patch the curved vertical part that is missing there. The sliders are straight, so if you drew a horizontal line along the top outside edge of your existing rocker all the way to the front and rear wheel wells, you'll see how the sliders would fit. Anything that rises vertically from that line would need to be solid.

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

hey your pile looks a hell of a lot like my pile. I said bye bye to my rockers too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got some plans to fab up sliders for my ride. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

The rockers have been replaced before too...and they're held together with seam sealer. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I think I'll give the previous owner a boot in the ass if I ever run into him. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Any recomendation on what gauge metal to use for the floorboards?
    BTW thanks Skigirl for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

You're welcome.

I seem to recall reading that guys were using 16-18 gauge sheet for floor panels. Might want to search this to confirm.

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

not sure what guage I used but I go by feel. If I can bend it with my hands it's too thin. My patch panels are thicker than the original floorboards by a little bit.