Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

for those wth 4" suspension lifts and 35's

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAROLINAK5, Apr 7, 2002.

1. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

for those wth 4\" suspension lifts and 35\'s

how do you like it? iv'e got a 4" supension liftans a 3" bdy lift. i'm considering tking tha body lift off for a lowr center of gravity.

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Re: for those wth 4\" suspension lifts and 35\'s

well I don't think my opinion really counts cuz I'm running a 4" BDS lift, and you get much more out of the front BDS springs then what is advertised.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've got 4" lift and 36's...does that count?

The front rubbed in the "fang" area of the fender (the lower front part) and also in the front of the rear wheel opening. The front also rubbs a bit on the rear of the inner fender in the front but it is smooth there and has done no damage (to tire or sheet metal) so I have left it for now. With 35's I don't think you will rubb in the inner fender but you will in the other places. If you are not willing to trim leave the body lift.

I happen to like the low lift big tire look...I also like the wide with and low CG.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'm running that combo, only the rear springs are 6" (basiclly) and the tires are 35" BFG. I've run 35" swampers but thet did rub a small amount. I think with a small amount of trimming it'll be ok, I have thought of running a 1' body lift though.

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i've got 4" Tuff country and 36 x 12.5 TSLs on mine. Going to 38s though. you'll have to trim the fenders up a little if you wheel any, but I'm sure you know that. You can see pics of my trim job at my link below. Basically what everyone else does, although the front fenders are about to find a new home in the company scrap bin.

Bryan

6. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

I've basically got the same set up as you, but a flip and 2" block in the rear. I think it looks great except for the saggy butt. Need bigger block or lift springs.

7. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" Rough Country Lift with 4" front and 6" rear springs I will be installing ORD 1" zero rate front springs and extended front shackles so the total front lift will be 5.25" and the rear is 6". I am running BFG Mud Terrains on factory ralley wheels and have no problem with rubbing of any kind. Most companies that sell 4" lift spring kits front and rear will give you a 6" rear spring to offset the weight of the top. I didnt want the 6" rear but now I love it.

8. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

My new truck has a 4 inch black biomond on it. It has blocks rear and lift springs front. I fit 36's But have no Idea if they rub yet. I have no motor /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/36069164/36069319BTiDvO

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

They will rub!...I have the same thing on my blazer. You will need to trim the front of both front and rear wheel openings.