Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford 205 and GM 203. Can it be done?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Mar 24, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have finally lined up a 203 for my 465, but I thought about using a Ford D60 for driveshaft issues. Can the GM 203 be used in conjunction with the Ford 205? Or will I just have to go with the divorced style Doubler adapter?

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have finally lined up a 203 for my 465, but I thought about using a Ford D60 for driveshaft issues. Can the GM 203 be used in conjunction with the Ford 205? Or will I just have to go with the divorced style Doubler adapter?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think if you go to ORD's web page and read the write up on their Jimmy you'd find that is what they did on it.

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Guess I didn't read it well enough.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

No problem, we have a couple different options even. Basically you can lay them both out flat like I did or use a more conventional setup with the 203 in the stock location and the 205 turned up for a bit more clearance. Either way is possible and somewhat common for us.

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

which Ford 205 would you suggest using, the divorced or married style? I can get both local to me very cheap, so come with your opinion.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You should use the married ford case, the divorced is probably possible but you have to do a bunch of machine work and replace the input so it's not really worth it. The married case is a bolt up fit.