Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford 205 doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 84K5BD, Dec 12, 2005.

1. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i need to know if a ford 205 off a 435 would work behind my 400/203 to build a doubler or would i need to find a 205 off an auto.:confused:

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If my memory is correct any Ford 205 will work they all used the same input splines. It says on the ORD website in the Doubler info.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

AFAIK, all Fords use a short 31 spline female input comparable to the short 32 spline female GM input. You just have to specify ford input spline when you order. That's what I run on mine. I took a 10 spline input GM case with a worn out input spline and bored the case to fit the Ford input. Obviously, you'll need a case with the correct side drop, and most GM cases need to be bored for the larger bearing to use the GM 32 or Ford 31.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's not clear if you're looking to use the full 205 or just the input but either will work, check our hybrid applications page in the Doubler info, there's a few examples there. The GM-Ford Doubler is pretty popular since so many guys are using HPD60's. Those 78-79 F250/F350's are GOLD these days!

5. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i wanted to use the complete 205 so i can have a driver side output. no more 60's for me. i am going to be swapping in 2 front unimog 416 axles and i needed to get a drivers drop. i just didn't know if the input shafts were the same between auto's and standards. i will be doing the swap after the holidays, i be touch thanks

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Fords are great to work with, they're all the same.

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, you don't hear that very often... But yeah, they got it right on the tcases. I think GM and Ford swapped engineers for that project. :crazy: