Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford 205s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Oct 6, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What years did Fords have 205s? Thinking about puting a doubler together for my next project but since I have the high pinion I need a Ford 205. Was looking around a yard today and none of the ones I looked at had a 205 in them. They were all early 80s and up. They didn't have any older Fords.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

pre 79 broncos and certain trucks had them, I think /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My buddy's '79 F150 has a 400, C6, and 205 (CV rear shaft too from the factory)

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

pretty much anything from the 70's. Earlier trucks will have the divorced case with a 32 spline front output, later will have the married 205. Watch out for Dana transfer cases in the early 70s (may be single speed) and NP203's which arent common in fords but do pop up from time to time.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

anyone know if they are all the same spline count? I want a 31 spline but don't know if they are all the same. then again I haven't talked to ORD yet about what they make kits for.

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I have one I need to get rid of.

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

damn... wish I you need this about two months ago. I just got rid of one, along with the manual trans out of my '78 Bronco. Had it up for sale and nobody wanted it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Had to end up junking it and a np435? trans. Damn I wish I had my own house!

8. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

1979 was the last year that Ford used the 205 and they started somewhere in the mid seventies - becareful when looking because Ford used a few different Dana transfer cases durring the early and mid seventies too .
    As far as I have seen all Ford 205's are female 31 spline inputs regaurdless of tranny .
    HTH's , Tom