Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford 250 questions

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by sapper, May 21, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well it had to happen, went looking for a D max and found a Powerstroke, i have never even thought of buying a ford but this is 03 with the 7.3 that i like and 4 doors that the wife likes. Is there any reason to not this truck or things to look for? TIA

2. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

03 was the best year to get the 7.3 because it was the last year of the 7.3. What trans is behind it? Either way, Ford had damn near all the problems worked out of that drivetrain by then, and with a ZF6 behind the PSD, you should have no problems whatsoever.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anything??????

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:grin: No i like to let the salesman know i m not desperate, i will go talk to them tommarow but it will end with me leaving completly pissed off about thier price, and by the time i get home there should be a phone call with a lower one. My wife will not go to a dealership with me anymore because i always drag it out to at least a week long process. But if i do buy it i will be able to brag about the price i paid. :grin:

5. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The walkout method is great. C'mon man did you forget I grew up on a car lot?