Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FORD 460 DOVE-A, misc ford stuff

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 22, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hey folks, just listing some FERD STUFF that I've been storing for a friend. He's looking to move:

#1. Complete 460 (casting # DOVE-A). OEM flat top pistons, crank, stock heads included.

#2. DOVE-C 460 heads.

#3. COMPLETE 302, from an 87 notchback Mustang. Ran like a champ when pulled.

I'm no FERD guy, so if anyone is interested, you can post up or PM me. I can get pics of any parts you're interested in, just ask. I can ship... but you're gonna have to pay. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Let the offers begin!

-Dan

2. KRAZIE87K5

TTT... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Info/pics/price on the 460? My neighbor runs one in his 1950 Ferd grain truck and may want a replacement.

4. KRAZIE87K5

I can get pics. The engine is disassembled though. Understand the DOVE-A block is in good condition. The 2 sets of heads need to be rebuilt. Crank is in good condition. The DOVE-C heads are sought after heads...

Not really sure what all the stuff should sell for... and I'm really selling it for a friend who hasn't a clue on this crap either. Having said that, I'm sure I'm going to be low-balled on these parts. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

5. KRAZIE87K5

**BUMP**

I'm looking for $300...

the DOVE-C heads have a 2.08" Intake valve and a 1.65" Exhaust, along with a 75cc 'Quench' type combustion chamber. Bolting a pair of these heads on a 1972 and later 460 will raise the compression ratio almost 1.5 pts and will increase output considerably. Heck, there is a bare rusty set of these heads on ebay for $240 right now (buy it now).

Both sets of heads are complete, but need rebuilding. The pistons are the more sought after flat top pistons (again bumping compression).

If you could produce $300, you can come collect the block, crank, rods & pistons and the two sets of heads. This motor has incredible potential.

Pics available if needed.

-Dan