Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford 8 bolt OEM rim fit ok on GM?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wstolar, Nov 22, 2002.

1. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

I found some Ford steel dish 8 bolt rims in 8.75x16.5. I've heard that the center holes aren't quite the same between Ford and GM. I can't remember if the Ford rim will fit ok on the GM axle? Anyone? I'd like to run a 39.5/15-16.5 Swamper TSL on these rims.

Thanks

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Ford wheels will fit GM. GM has the smallest center-holes on their 8-lug wheels.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I believe he is correct. The bolt pattern and lug size are the same (although I think Ford used longer studs, so your lug nuts may bottom out if they are not the "open" style or "deep" enough). At the pulls, we have had trouble when trying to swap tires from Chevy to Ford (but a 4" grinder and some time cured that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and NOT recommended), but no problems Ford to Chevy assuming stock rims (aftermarket wheels usually have a center hole large enough to cover Ford, Chevy, and Dodge). I'm not sure about Dodge's center hole as we have not had to swap tires onto one or from one.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The Dodge is at least as big - or possibly bigger - than the Ford.

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Just remember that anything from a Ford installed on your Chevy could cause the overall value of your vehicle to drop dramatically. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Ford, GM or Dodge 8 lug is the same bolt pattern, except the latest superduty Fords which have a unique size, and they don't have much support in the aftermarket yet for that size.

7. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

Ford stock 8-luggers up to the '98 Super Dutys, have the largest center hole. Some of the Dodge's are the same & most, if not all GM's are smaller. I recieved a crash course when trying to find stock 16" wheels for my '78 F-250.
    Doc