Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford 9" in a 67 Camaro

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sean72, Apr 25, 2002.

1. sean72

sean72 Registered Member

Ford 9\" in a 67 Camaro

anybody ever put a Ford 9" into a 67 Camaro, I'd like to do this and was wondering what all was involved.
    Thanks for your advice

Sean "one smoked 10 bolt"

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Re: Ford 9\" in a 67 Camaro

I am getting ready to put a 9" in my 69 Firebird. You need to find one that is the same width. Thats the hard part. You may have to move spring perches. You may need the driveshft shortened as well. And one big thing Ford uses 5x4.5 bolt circle and GM uses 5x4.75 so you need new wheels, or get custom axles, brakes, etc.

Dan

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Ford 9\" in a 67 Camaro

Yup.
    Dan took care of most of it.

I've got a 9" in my '67 camaro, and it's got custom axles to accomodate the chevy lug pattern and my ralley rims.
    Another thing is there are two versions of the 9" the "big bearing" (3.250") and the "small bearing"(3.062") 9" rears.
    They've also got 28, 31, 33, and 35 spline axles. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

There's companies that are supposed to make pretty much a "bolt in" 9" rear for camaros but they are probally expensive and you could build your own rearend up for cheaper.
    Go check out http://www.camaroz28.com
    I post over there every once in a great while when i have a question about my camaro, and theres some pretty knowledgeable first gen camaro guys over there.

Take it easy man.
    Ryan