Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by neverendingproject, Sep 21, 2005.

1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Need some info... there are some axles I was thinking about getting. I had glanced at them and thought they were 14bff and D60.

Wow what a glance. come to find out they are ford axles, four wheel disc, full flaot, the rear is the big 10.25 inch they use and the front looked like a D60 but it didnt have the knuckles on it im used to seeing on chevy D60's so im not sure what it is. Did they have different knuckles, or is this a proprietary axle? :confused: They both came out of the same truck.

Would it be worth it and what would i have to do to get them to work?Anything would be nice.

By the way, the axles will be at or close to free. :D

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it is a ball joint dana 60 most likely. Walk away. Spring pad spacing is something like 36" wide. WAY too wide for our rigs(too wide for any I say). Unless you want to put a four link and coilovers under your rig, then go for it.

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

but it if you say it's that cheap. someone else WILL want them, i guarantee.

the ball joint D60's aren't that bad, they're just not as favorable. just be sure it is in fact a D60 instead of the anemic D50 ford has seemed to love for the past 10 years or so.